General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Tech II Code Reader

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 02:47 PM
johnnylovsey is on a distinguished road

It works fine enough for me I called gm where they sell parts for the tech 2 and got lucky enough to talk to a tech.He said that I have current software and he told me that Blazer isn't listed its self to go through set up LT DUTY Trk,Incomplete then to Body then the stand alone letter T for the 4x4 then enter S/T Classic that should be the s10 Blazer from there the next menu is 1 body control module 2 Heating and air conditioning 3-----But it seems to be controlling
more body control modules Including the day runners and the headlights and it does turn on the park lights dome light door lock unlock horn security doors ajar and still more so for now I am going to stay with this tool after all with the help of the new Kustome Smoker for $150.00 that will use parts store dye and give give you a better chance at locating a very small leak.Oh I did mention that it now works on the stand alone letter T and it gives you some choices for the transfer case 4 low 4 high 2 high but as you had said no scanner including this one has bilateral control in the transfer case and it don't do any functions as you thought it wont even turn off and on the 4 low 4 high and the 2 high but if it did then it would be moving the gears in the transfer and it don't it even mentions locking the axle as you mentioned but no control from the tool.You know that smoker from Kustome Smoker is really something I think it actually out smokes the $2000.00 dollar ones at a much cheaper price.But one thing is for sure if you have a very small leak that you just cant find dye in the baby oil works every time.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:21 PM

It works fine enough for me I called gm where they sell parts for the tech 2 and got lucky enough to talk to a tech.He said that I have current software and he told me that Blazer isn't listed its self to go through set up LT DUTY Trk,Incomplete then to Body then the stand alone letter T for the 4x4 then enter S/T Classic that should be the s10 Blazer from there the next menu is 1 body control module 2 Heating and air conditioning 3-----But it seems to be controlling
more body control modules Including the day runners and the headlights and it does turn on the park lights dome light door lock unlock horn security doors ajar and still more so for now I am going to stay with this tool after all with the help of the new Kustome Smoker for $150.00 that will use parts store dye and give you a better chance at locating a very small leak.Oh I did mention that it now works on the stand alone letter T and it gives you some choices for the transfer case 4 low 4 high 2 high but as you had said no scanner including this one has bilateral control in the transfer case and it don't do any functions as you thought it wont even turn off and on the 4 low 4 high and the 2 high but if it did then it would be moving the gears in the transfer and it don't it even mentions locking the axle as you mentioned but no control from the tool.You know that smoker from Kustome Smoker is really something I think it actually out smokes the $2000.00 dollar ones at a much cheaper price.But one thing is for sure if you have a very small leak that you just cant find dye in the baby oil works every time.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:40 PM
Default The Tech 2

Update 10-78 Edac your the only person that i know of that has a tech 2 scanner I think you said yours came complete did it have any extra cd,s with it like 2 TIS 2000,s one would be the user manual the second was a update disk yet to be found out as to what info is on it but my software was current 33.004
After I Bought it.Just can't find out what is on the update disk.Oh and have you tried yours out on any other cars to see if the gm menu is complete the dates in the tool are 1991-2013 but gm says from 2010 there system changed don,t know about that yet either.But would like to know does the tool reed another car when plugged into the DLC then display the vin if asked to so that would mean it supports the data for that particular vehicle.Just questions I haven't got the answer for yet but was wondering if you might have tried it in more then your vehicle and had it work .also what version software is in yours.Your answers would be very helpful to me and I won't trouble you again.