General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Throttle Body Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 09:42 PM
BrassMnKy is on a distinguished road
Question Throttle Body Spacer

Hi everyone. I've got a 2005, 5 speed, 2 door, 4x4 Jimmy. Finally getting around to doing a couple things under the hood, and I'm looking at installing one of those spacers between the intake manifold and the throttle body. Most of the ones I've seen on E bay list fitment up to 2004. To my knowledge the '04's and '05's are the same, but, worth asking the question, are they? Now having asked that, do these parts come close to fulfilling the claims made by those selling them, and if so, is there "the one to buy" ? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:19 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

They do absolutely NOTHING for a MPFI engine... Nothing at all. They only help when you have a carb or throttle body injection (Vortec CPI engines 95 and lower). Since the fuel is injected into your intake port (MPFI on 95+ models), the spacer does nothing at all the aid in mixing as they claim. When they are under a carb or TBI unit, where the fuel AND air mix actually goes through the spacer and mixes better it helps. But since only air goes through it in a multi port fuel injected engine... NOTHING is gained.

I have one on my pickup truck, and all it did was make the AirRaid intake line up better by pushing my TB forward an inch and a half. The spacer does nothing but the CAI gave me 2L/100KM economy gain, felt a little more powerful, and makes a cool whistling sound when I mash the pedal. The CAI kit was well worth the dollars.

My advice, if your cold air intake doesnt fit right, get one... Otherwise buy something usefull or put that money towards a computer tuning or cold air kit. Then you will actually benefit from it.

Last edited by ohsofly; 05-15-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:42 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

What he said!

Old 05-23-2014, 05:52 PM
BrassMnKy is on a distinguished road

Thanks to both of you. I never stopped to think I was port injected... duh!
Ohsofly, the computer tuner was a key item on my list of things to do. Any brand recommendations? I'd like something with options for economy, performance and anything in between. My buddy has a 3500 Dodgezilla and he's got one made by Edge.. your thoughts are appreciated.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:53 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about

Exactly what they said. I had body lifted my blazer and my cold air intake wouldn't fit at all. I installed the throttle body spacer to essentially raise the cold air intake up and it now fit like it was supposed to. No performance difference at all.