General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

towing

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 05:05 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default towing

well i just bought a nice valley class 3 trailer hitch from a guy who got it off his 2000 blazer
i had a good feeling that it will fit my 2000 sonoma, but will it?
if not i only paid 40 bucks for it and can probably sell it to make a profit

Old 02-24-2011, 07:28 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

as far as i know, they don't clear the bumper the same way.

best way to know for sure? try it. it's only a couple of bolts on each side.

from my experience, you paid a little less than what they go for used.

good score.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:49 PM

yea ive been googling it and it seems they mount different
but thats when having a dad whos a professional welder comes in handy
but we can make it fit one way or the other, the most itll haul is a 6x10 trailer with my mower, weed eater, leaf blower and push mower. i get tired of rolling up my bed cover everytime i have to mow yards

Old 02-25-2011, 10:24 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

since you're gonna modify it, make it a hidden hitch.

i'm not talking about the actualy company Hidden Hitch, i'm saying, make it hidden......behind the licence plate.

do what i'm doing with the one on my 'Burb when i dump it. it's going up in between the frame rails, with a flip down plate so the tounge can slip into the receiver. when you're not towing, the tounge comes out & the plate flips back up.

you can use one of the old licence plate holders from the rear of any car from the early 80's and back. took mine off my Mom's '78 AMC Concord when i scrapped it. had the same thing on my LeSabre, a Monoco i had.......my Dad's Monoco......the list is endless.

i think the biggest problem is finding any of the cars in your JY.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:45 PM

thats a good idea, but i dont currently have a roll pan atm, but it would be pretty cool to do with a step bumper. i still dont know if i want to spend the 100 bucks on a roll pan

Old 02-25-2011, 11:00 PM
BF Guru

oh, i ain't using no stinking roll pan!

and it does look sick on an old skool step bumper.

did it to my slammed LB i built years ago. unfortuneately,it was long before i had a digital camera, and rarely took any pic's of anything i built/worked on.

used to get some sly looks when people saw a tounge with a 7 1/2" rise sticking out of the plate area.