General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Towing upgrades? What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 06:22 PM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road
Default Towing upgrades? What do you guys think?

I use my jimmy to haul my car trailer and i use it quite often. I'm thinking about doing some work to the suspension so it will handle it better(not that it does rael bad as it is). I was thinking about adding a leaf to the rear and air shocks or a adding a helper spring or some thing not sure yet. Just thought i would get your guys' opinions on what to do. I want to make it not squat as much with the loaded trailer. I haven't problems with it swaying around or anything like that. i'm looking to do this in a relatively inexpensive manner. Thanks in advance for all the help.

p.s. Also thinking about adding a trans cooler.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:32 PM
lombard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hubert hefner
p.s. Also thinking about adding a trans cooler.

That right there should be job 1. There's no question if you do any hauling that's a must have.

I'd be interested to see about some air springs as well. My blazer squats quite a bit when I'm towing the boat.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:55 PM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lombard

I'd be interested to see about some air springs as well. My blazer squats quite a bit when I'm towing the boat.

Thats a good idea i wonder if anyone makes air coil over shocks that will work for the blazer in addition to the leafsprings. That would stiffen it up pretty good.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a look at AirRide Bags instead of add a leaves. My dad has them on his silverado and with a loaded down truck and a heavy trailer it won't squat. The price isn't that bad on them either. Or look for some shocks with coilovers on them. A work truck has those and it gave it a little rake and it helps with loads.