Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What you guys think about this CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:30 PM
JRob238 is on a distinguished road
Default What you guys think about this CAI?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...#ht_4655wt_939

I know its cheap ebay stuff but do you think it would be any good?

Old 01-07-2010, 12:18 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Lots of guys here have them. Not sure how effective they are though. I've got a similar one & the effect really is marginal to say the least. But it certainly made my truck sound a lot better.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:00 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Intake looks fine. You can always swap out the filter for a Spectre filter which you can get at your local Auto Zone or Pep Boys. I have the filter in my truck because since I installed the body lift my previous (AEM/Fram) filter didn't fit.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:12 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Looks good. It's similar to what I have, it just includes the upper half of the pipe too. I haven't had any problems with mine, although I'd recommend getting a good quality filter to put on it. The ebay filters tend to be cheap and ineffective.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Yea most of them are cheap paper filters.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:44 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Yeah, get one with a K&N filter or something else if you can... you'll want to build a custom heat shield as well... The best thing I ever did was ditch that ****ty eBay filter.

I'm running with my stock airbox for the winter.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:39 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I agree with most that a good quality filter is important & clean it often. Also make sure if its a "dry" filter you dont oil it or it will plug up & could possibly mess up your MAF sensor. They also have CAI's that are 3.5" as opposed to the 3" ones that you see all over the place. The 3.5" will allow more air & yes, the heat shield is important & you'll get a nice throttle body growl from it.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:06 PM
JRob238 is on a distinguished road

Cool guys. I will probably order that one here soon and right off the bat swap the filter. As far as the heat shield I have some pretty thick plastic laying around from where I made fender flares for the Jeep that never got installed. I may use it as a temp shield. Unless it seems to work pretty good.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:05 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Not to hijack, but what about a CAI that is stock airbox compatible as you could easily swap just the stock airbox for winter

Old 01-07-2010, 07:46 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wlorton
Not to hijack, but what about a CAI that is stock airbox compatible as you could easily swap just the stock airbox for winter
ummm, that one looks like it would be able to do just that.

factory hat, and the MAF looks to be in the stock location. JRob, be sure to check that out (if you could just swap that air box back in), and let us know if it would.