General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Toyotoathon Commercials??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Xtreme Blizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Toyotoathon Commercials??

One thing I'm surprised no one mentioned was how they made this "tundra". Theystole our 4 wheel drive design originally from jeep. Took our 5.7L from our beloved chevy. Japan has stole our stuff, ideas, and jobs

Old 12-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Blazer man1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have never been a huge fan of any japanese car manufacturers. But i will NEVER own a toyota after seeing that commercial. After many years of hard work and saving I bought myself a blazer after i graduated high school 2 years ago as my car for college. i chose a chevy because i will only buy American cars and my family has had excellent service from them. My blazer has proved to be more reliable than my friend's 02 honda accord, and another friend's 00' toyota celica.(my blazer is a 98). it has been nothing but a pleasure to drive and has proved to be very reliable and dependable. I want to know what toyota was thinking. Why would i want to buy their product after seeing them push the vehicle that i worked so hard for and love so much off the side of a building. Is seeing them push a blazer off a building supposed to make me want to buy a toyota? Not me! Also the beam... my family loves to RV, and we used to have an 84 GMC sierra 3500 with the Chevy 350 5.7 V8 to tow and haul our RV, bikes, toys, etc. The truck was beautiful and in perfect shape, everyone loved it, and it always took us where we going and never complained once So seeing toyota crush the vehicle that took my family and I to Florida (i'm from the New York/New Jersey area) twice, Cape Cod, Murtle Beach, Virginia Beach, Lake Geroge, everywhere we went. The vehicle that took my family and I on our vacation. Is seeing the truck getting crushed by a metal beam supposed to make me want to buy a toyota? NEVER. I never really had a reason for not liking toyota, i just always preferred American vehicles, but this commercial has given me a reason to not like toyota. I love Chevy and I love my blazer!

Old 12-27-2007, 05:07 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I think what we all can truly agree on is the fact that chevy's are [sm=smiley20.gif]and that toyota's are [sm=smiley21.gif]!!!!