General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Trying to trade the blazer in

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Starting Member
99Legendary is on a distinguished road
Default Trying to trade the blazer in

Ok guys, I have a 1999 blazer I am looking to trade in for a new car, and it must be stick.

The reason I am trading this in is because my job has me drive 3 hours one day and 5 minutes down the road the next. I spent 150+ on gas in 3 days, and I don't get paid for travel time so I need a more fuel efficient car and something stick because I am sick of driving automatic.

I found a decent WRX and Miata for both around $2500. I took my blazer there for a trade in. I KBB'd the blazer and it says I can get 2400 from a dealership in "good condition" and 3600 from private party sales.

(not to mention I KBB'd both cars and the miata was worth 800 at a dealership, and 1600 if you sell private party. It's a 91 miata, doesn't even list on kbb, I had to use 93 lol)

I had them appraise my blazer to see if I can trade it out right for the cars, or atleast use it as a down payment.

They came back and offered 500$ for my blazer. It is in perfect running condition and everything.

I said are you kidding me? The guy says then "well we could work with you and stretch it to 1000$"

I stood up and laughed without saying anything and walked out. I know they need to make a profit, but really? They had a 96 4 door blazer on their lot selling for 5500, about 165k miles like mine. They really need to make $4500 profit?

How the hell do I find the hook ups? I have so many friends who get so many nice cars for so cheap.

I don't trust craigslist for trading in unless it is to a dealer.

The miata is at a dealership about 30 miles away from me, and I don't want to bring it down there and use all that gas just for them to say they will give me 1500 for it and I have to pay another 1k. For christ sakes, it's a 91 miata with 158k on it.

Guess I am stuck with the blazer...

Last edited by 99Legendary; 02-18-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:54 AM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

you know when i trade for all my cars and i've been doing this since i was 14 cause i was driving on a farm but i never traded to a dealer for that reason they upper cut you like no other i've always dont private party i think its better really unless getting a brand new car

Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

i DONT TRUST DEALERS!They only mark up the price of your car that you are buying when you take your old one in for trade.I would try and sell your blazer out right if you can then look for another car.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

I tried to trade my Blazer in several years back and they offered me $2000 toward a brand new $50k vehicle. It had $1800 in new tires and wheels at the time... They couldn't understand why I laughed(literally) at them.

Find an old Tercel or a cheap beater and keep the Blazer, or sell it private.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:12 PM

My parents tried to trade in a cobalt we had and they offered them 3500 for it, it had
86k on it all new rims and tires and eveything and they were trying to get a new impala well my parents didnt take it and i took it out that night and ended up getting ran off the road by semi and wrapped around a light pole broke out windows with head leg stuck between door and seat blacked out well called parents expecting them to be F***ing PO well mom showed up huged me and said awesome i get the impala i wanted now thanks son

Old 02-18-2013, 06:09 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

what a mom ^^^^

Old 02-19-2013, 07:24 AM

yeah shes awesome besides the part noone can drive her car now not even my dad