General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Ultimate Family Blazer (no fun)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 AM
jtbwatson is on a distinguished road
Default Ultimate Family Blazer (no fun)

So, I've got the 2000 Blazer with an automatic transmission, 4 doors, and 2 wheel drive. It's super boring and I don't see any point in modding much on it other than cosmetic details (see this post).

For those of us who are stuck with the "boring family" version of the Blazer, what have you done to make it a little more fun?

Keep in mind that I'm 21 and having the old lady SUV isn't all that great.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't say its no fun or boring. You can put a 4/5 or 5/5 drop on it pretty cheap with some decent wheels, tint the windows and remove all the decals and emblems and have a really nice looking truck. There are a ton of people who have done this and I think they look great. In fact I would like to get a 2wd just for that purpose nothing crazy just a simple and clean looking truck. IMO simple and clean usually looks way better than all out crazy.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

^yes it does honestly. make it a sleeper, nice exhaust, drop it, maybe 17in *im partial to those since i have them on my lifted truck*

and i would also love a 4dr 2wheel blazer

Old 09-13-2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I wouldn't say its no fun or boring. You can put a 4/5 or 5/5 drop on it pretty cheap with some decent wheels, tint the windows and remove all the decals and emblems and have a really nice looking truck. There are a ton of people who have done this and I think they look great. In fact I would like to get a 2wd just for that purpose nothing crazy just a simple and clean looking truck. IMO simple and clean usually looks way better than all out crazy.
Oh there's just something inside me that just won't me drop an SUV...

Old 09-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Ok so go crazy and get an s10 long arm kit and make it work and build a prerunner blazer! You won't see another one of those driving around I bet.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:38 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Its only boring if you dont make it your own.
Check the gallery and see what can be done.....tons of options.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Carrico4
and i would also love a 4dr 2wheel blazer
Any reason why? We can always trade

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Ok so go crazy and get an s10 long arm kit and make it work and build a prerunner blazer! You won't see another one of those driving around I bet.
LOL rex.. oh dear God. After searching some more, I think I'm going to do the bottom trim with bed liner like I discussed previously as well as 2 toning the interior. Right now I've got the cloth gray, but I think if I were to obtain cloth black seats, black door panels, and some black dash components then I'd have a pretty cool looking ride on the inside.

Probably going to get a 2" body lift eventually as well.

Sigh, accepting that I'm stuck with this vehicle is hard. Might as well make it to my liking :P

Also, any other input from you guys would be great! Always up for some ideas.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Blue thunder 2000 is on a distinguished road

im dropping my 2 door 2wd when i get the money. slapping some classic enkies on it. aftermarket headlights, tail lights and get neons on the interior and get them to pulse to my sound system. just a few things

Old 09-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

Well, i know a good amount them compared to the people that always sell them in my area (nebraska) they are good cars/suvs.. but mainly to lower it, i had a lowered s10, not too low with a nice exhaust and few other mods that were done *i bought it like that* i would love to do that to a 4dr blazer, they do look nice like that too..and i could not trade my lifted blazer for a lowered 2wheel, i love off road too much.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Starting Member
Melrock83 is on a distinguished road

Something cheap and easy is to put some colored covers on the wipers, maybe a decal of some kind across the windshield or rear glass, a chrome grill and bumpers. Things that are easy and not expensive and changes the look quite dramatically as well.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Family Blazer (no fun)