General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

US vs European 1st gen S-10 Blazer Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 06:28 AM
Jorm is on a distinguished road

Hi

Have four 1st gen Blazers, all are sports models, it’s one 91, two 92 and a 94, the idea is to make two nice Blazers out of it. The European Blazer differ from their US counter parts on a number of points. I’m pretty sure official import of Blazers and S10 pickup started with the 4-door arrival of the Blazer. I’ve not seen any Euro spec blazers before 91 MY. 1st Gen sales must been modest compared to 2nd as there is very few of them around compared to the 2nd that is quite common for being a US car in Sweden. All European spec Blazers are very loaded, US cars has always been seen as luxury cars even a Chevy so always have a lot of options. It’s a bit like European cars are always sold fully loaded in the US.

European Blazers has a body kit which I never seen on US models, it’s wider wheel flares, black cladding on rockers and special door handle escutcheon, the side moldings are also different from the either ribbed or smooth ones with a chrome mylar inserts normally found on the US versions. As can be seen in the pictures below.

There are also different taillights and fog/reverse light setups, it’s all E marked too, and not dot marked. There is also a side repeater turn signal on the front fenders

To be continued.

The headlights are H4 halogen types and has high pressure washer system, they are also height adjustable from the inside so you can adjust the lights when towing. The wheel in the console is adjusting the vertical alignment of the lights.

to be continued..

There was a also a company in Germany, Hazlbeck that did their own version of the Blazer bit like Starcraft and it’s GM vans.

It consisted of special wheels, extra rocker cladding, different front and rear bumper, and a Oldsmobile Bravada front with Chevy emblem and special spare wheel cover. You might notice the spare tire carrier is different but I don’t know why. I think it broke as the other of my Hazelbecks has the std Chevy carrier.

Interior had lots of fake plastic wood and a special steering wheel. One thing was real wood though and that was the lid on the center console

Special wheels too

Though it would be nice for you folks to see how the Blazer was in Europe. I live on both sides of the pond so into both European and US cars.

Cheers Olof

Old 04-29-2020, 11:49 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Awesome thread, thanks for posting!

Old 04-30-2020, 03:43 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Nice to see a "collection" of 1st gens.

Rusting in all the same spots. They are notorious for the lower part of the doors and the seam on the lower part of the firewall where the bottom is welded to the firewall. Also under the cab supports just ahead of the drivers and passenger seat.

Old 04-30-2020, 10:46 AM
Jorm is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by error_401
Nice to see a "collection" of 1st gens.

Rusting in all the same spots. They are notorious for the lower part of the doors and the seam on the lower part of the firewall where the bottom is welded to the firewall. Also under the cab supports just ahead of the drivers and passenger seat.
Yes though there is enough doors to get 10 fresh ones, and each will go in a bath of oxalic acid. Trying to have a portion of 80s GM favs such as Blazer, Estatewagon, Astro, Beauville, Fiero, etc

Cheers Olof

Old 05-01-2020, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Thanks so much for sharing this tour around the EUDM Blazers.

Old 05-14-2021, 12:10 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Love those Euro spec fender flares! Thanks for sharing, I didn't know about most of these differences.