General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Vehicles you have recovered with your Blazer...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:42 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by papacope
I had to pull out my friend's suburban again tonight, this time the county mounties were there lookin at the sit-e-ation.

uh-oh!

Old 02-17-2010, 02:04 AM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to pull out a stock 2 door 4x4 Blazer and got pulled over for like 45 mins afterwards for doin it. Of course I had to show the blazer by idling in 2wd through where he got stuck. Don' t know what I did with my camera, but will upload a pic when I find it.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:00 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Well, For us Canadians, and some northern staters, its that time of year again. Time to keep the tow straps in the passenger seat and gloves on your hands.

Who will be first to post a pic of their first "Kill" lol

Old 11-29-2010, 09:22 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Alright i have towed out a TON of cars from the snow bank, today was my recent...
windstar, escape, cavalier, malibu, civic (many), and i can just go on and one... a few good stories i have from some are.

cavalier
going opposit way of rush hour traffic, saw a cav in the center ditch...so pulled a u ey through the ditch and managed to get one lane blocked off, did it quick, told her to keep the wheels straight but of course she didnt, and dug her nose in so just pulled her and yanked her out., went to unhook and got back in the car and the girl comes running up to me and goes..MY CAR WONT START...im like..ugh..ok.go take a look...car was in DRIVE and not running....yanked her out while her car was not running and she left it in drive...she couldnt figure out why her car wouldnt start so i went shifted it to park and turned the key...lol

malibu
this was today, again another car in the center ditch, pull over run up hes in his car playing games on his phone with biggest smile on his face...haha..so i knock on the window ask if hes stuck..he steps out and ...well...most flamboyant guy ever, furthest thing from straight, girlfriend in the blazer just bursts out laughing....so hes like..OMG YES I WOULD LOVE A TOW OUT...im like ok..hook up, tell him, ok so hop in and put it in reverse..hes like.....backwards? were going backwards?.....im like yes..your going out the way you came in.....so before i managed to pop it into 4lo he backs halfway out of the ditch..haha..(he never even thought of trying to back out) but managed to get stuck on the windrow on his way out, so gave him a little yank the rest of the way out, he blew a tire going over the curb so he got back in his car and started texting his boyfriend..haha

civic
had my old 88 s10, 2.5l 2wd...saw a civic in the ditch so hooked up, as im hooking up guy in his big truck looks and is like..your going to tow her out with that? im like oh just you watch....hes like ok well if you cant ill get it...so get everyone there to hop in the box and pulled her out like it was a 4x4.

explorer and aerostar
last winter went from calgary to edmonton and then back again to canmore all in one night....was freezing ran....SUPER slippery cars in the ditch everywhere, a car rolled a few times in the ditch just infront of us..on the way to edmonton going under a bridge on a corner i was in 4by the whole way..and nearly lost it on one turn...saved it by drifting the whole turn at 120kmh..scary as ****, was worried about hitting the overpass....well after we passed the rollover there was a guy in an explorer stuck trying to turn around, so stopped yanked him out, ambulance on the way to the rollover thought he was the accident and stopped for a bit until they realized.....got stuck into bumper to bumper traffic on teh highway so went through the ditch and passed everyone into edmonton, counted 30+ cars in the ditch, lots were abandoned..on the way back coming under the underpass that i almost lost it before was a van that did a 540 and into the ditch backwards..so stopped to pull him out, stepped out of the blazer and fell flat on my ***, road felt like a curling rink ice...so managed to tow him out and after another 10 minutes of getting the tow rope un jammed was on our way again.

old cav
on the way from winnipeg to calgary on that same trip was cruisin in 2wd for the first 3 or 4 hours thought the roads were fine, saw a car stuck in a ditch on the turnoff to a reserve, so went to stop...well, overshot the turnoff by a few hundred feet, abs was on so hard, couldve stopped faster in neutral...stopped told them again keep the wheels straight, of course they didnt, dug the nose in and ended up dragging them up a snow mound on the corner from the plow, well, stoped with them on top of it, and back wheels were a solid 2 feet off the ground, so looked, was a beater car so yanked them off the top, swear i shot their suspension but probably was already to begin with.

and my last somewhat interesting story (not involving me in the snow bank in my 88 s10)
was another civic
we had a dump of 30cm of snow was out driving all day having fun as no one could get out of their driveways, nothing like driving through a foot of fresh powder on roads with no tire tracks....well this civic tried to go through this snow in a parking lot, so i stopped went to tow em out...yanked em out..as i was unhooking a guy came up and started screaming at me saying i backed into his car..im look at him and go, there is no f'n way, and what were you doing behind me while you can obviously see me backing up towing a car out, we are in the middle of a parking lot, so hes like you hit me here, i go look, and he points to the very bottom of his driver side door..i look at him and go..ok..are you retarded? hes like..uhh...well...it must have popped back out..you got lucky....im like, no your just stupid, there is no possible way that i hit you there because a my bumper isnt even that low, and b my spare tire sticks our further than my bumper and is at the level of your window....you have NO smudges on your dirty car so i did not hit you anywhere, now **** off........

and not rescuing anyone but the one story from my 88 s10 is good for a laugh.
my s10 was my high school truck, on my way to school, it was only a 2 seater, so had about 3 people in the box, well, its so light i had a few plastic bins in the back full of rocks that were strapped into the load hooks to keep them at the back and from sliding around...well because of the room the guys in the back had to have this plastic bin between one of their legs....i drifted a corner and on the last part of the corner was a patch of dry pavement, well with all the weight in the truck all the tires instantly hooked up and shot me straight into a nice hard snowbank (i had a cheap steel bumper i put on for the winter so i could hit stuff)...well as i hit it the strap holding the plastic box snapped..and..well..that bin of heavy rocks went straight between my buddys legs..............OUCH

Old 11-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Beginning Member
BlazerWare94 is on a distinguished road

emm me in this blazer so far

90' bronco ( at the island stuck *** hell in sand)
80' wrangler( Friends Jeep)
00' Cherokee( mudidn at the boat ramp- Friends uncle)
72' Challenger (some guys car at the Island during spring break)
05' Cobolt (Friends car during spring break at the island)
08' F-150 (fishin around the boat ramp with street tires)
03' Frontier( Mexican plated truck getting one tire stuck unable to get out- not even a thank you from them..)
09' LIFTED non 4x4 Silverado (long bed stuck at the boat ramp in like a mud square the size of a pizza just one tire stuck..)
94' Chevy shortbed ( neighbors down the street doing a burn out and ending up in the ditch)
That same night like a 99' ranger ( same ppl doing burn outs and ending up in ditch)
01' short bed chevy ( friends truck non 4x4 at spring break-- 20 in rims with low profile are useless)
some others i dont remember like im missing 2 or 3 but the most recent is
a massive 90's Ford Astro Van ( stuck in like 3 inches of sand so dam heavy i got stuck for a while and had to us 4hi to get him out!)

and well here are some pix srry some are print screens from vids friends took-hope yall like!

the ranger in the ditch!

pullin him out a second time

me gettin stuck after pullin out friend( this is went the fuse popping began)

pullin out the dam frontier with no thanks or nothing.... lol

Old 02-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Took pics this time. Another Tractor got stuck. Had to dig a few ruts threw the snow to stop myself from sliding.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:44 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road
Cool

WOW, I can't believe I missed this thread.
Here we are 2 hours from pavement & our Blazer retrieving a Toyota FJ. I can't find the picture of the FJ but it was buried in mud, the closest I could get was about 50 yards. That rope is 2" & it just worked like a sling shot.

Attached Thumbnails Vehicles you have recovered with your Blazer...-blazer-%40-work.jpg  
Old 02-07-2011, 10:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Who will be first to post a pic of their first "Kill" lol
well......not the 1st "kill" of the season, but i sure couldn't take a pic while getting my youngest brother a golden ticket.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:17 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Alright i got one from tonight. Sittin at the table eatin some oreos...mmm..and i hear this scraping sound..........then i hear an engine revving and tires spinning..so i go look out the window and 2 doors down a sidewalk snowplow/snowblower is stuck....so go ask him if he wants a tow out, he was hung up and had fallen over sideways a bit propped against the side of a snowbank so he couldnt even open the door to get out. so ran back grabbed the blazer and hitched up, took a few good solid yanks to get him out but did. Got 10 bucks out of it, when i declined he said, no thanks man it saves me time and more importantly it saves me from calling the supervisor...haha.

Attached Thumbnails Vehicles you have recovered with your Blazer...-img_3259.jpg  
Old 03-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point

my friends 98 cadillac catera, thought it was a good idea to turn around on a ice overred slope in my dads driveway and a non running John deer sled that we where pulling with the 4wheeler to work on it

Quick Reply: Vehicles you have recovered with your Blazer...