General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What is a Blazer and is it a dead vehicle.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Banned
TFisher is on a distinguished road

I would really like to say that no, this forum and the Blazer will not die, but all things have a time. Unfortunately, in the so called "developed" and "enlightened" worlds, the liberal ideas of CAFE and "green" put the Blazer to an untimely death, so while the few of us here are like tiny hydrocarbon consuming islands in a sea of pious -- I mean priuses, things are not so good.
So, you are right, the Blazer has been put to death (I'd like to stress the death part) by those in power that really think they know what is best for the little people (and they think the little people are the ones with Volvos and caviar, and everything else is fly-over country), I think sooner or later when the last tree-hugging hippie takes their last drag on a joint, and the voters toss out the large gov't and we teach our kids to respect personal liberties -- that something bigger, with more cylinders and better than even the K5 will come. And I tell you, I'll be first in line to buy one.

I would also like to add that I accept the Tahoe as a Blazer because it really isn't true to call it not a Blazer, it's just a K5 with an LS series engine and a four speed auto. Of course, there are significant changes to the engine and transmission, but someone who knows the 4L60E could probably help you out with the 4L80E, and accept for the whole not having a distributor on the new Tahoe's, an engine is an engine.

Yeah, this has been a really long rant that isn't apolitical in the least, nor is it short on jabs, jeers and other sharp pointy objects. Thanks for reading, I hope you had as much fun reading it as I had writing it. If you got angry and threw something at your screen, I hope you didn't break it because that would be silly and an overreaction. Hate me if you want to, just don't tell me what to drive unless you want me to tell you where to go. This message could have errors in it because I've never been under the hood of a Tahoe, just read about them on Wikipedia, they look nice... I'd love to have one one day, so tell the EPA to stop slowly banning them.

Regards,

Thomas

Old 12-17-2009, 12:57 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Blazer aint dead!

The blazer isn't completly dead. They were made in America, but there was also a plant in Brazil that made them. That plant had there own molds, and the stamping plant in Brazil still makes the blazers. I don't know if there still related to GM or if they are independently produced but they are still made if I remember right.

The s-10 blazer isn't a K-5 blazer in the since that a 4 banger pony isn't a 5.0 cobra. They are both mustangs but in diffrent classes. Same with the s series and the fullsize. The fullsize was more power and solidity, whereas the s series was more urban economical and "comfortable".

To me the blazer isn't a fullsize or s series or power or capabilities. It's a look and personality, persay. From the Fullsize to the ZR-2's to the s-10 tahoes and even the AWD turbo charged syclone/typhoons; they are very diffrent vehicles. But they all have the styling cues and essence of the Blazer heritage. Sorry to ramble but thats my thought. Almost sounded like an advertisment for a second!

Old 12-17-2009, 01:19 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well........i've got to hand it to you David, you come in here right off the bat, stirring up....the air. not that there is anything wrong with that, but you sure don't waste any time about getting to it.

long live the Blazer-in all forms of creation. personally, i think they're all just trying to grow up to be a Suburban!

Old 12-17-2009, 01:27 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

It just so happened that I was looking for a K5 right after high school but ended up with a killer deal for a toy 4x4. Later in the Army I was again looking for a K5 and happened to find a black S10 Blazer sitting in the weeds. After checking it over i told the dealer to make it run he did and I bought it. I am currently on my third blazer, specifically my second 89 sport edition. Who knows? I may yet end up with a K5.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:38 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Actually we are all talking about the Blazer dying off... but is there not a 2010 model in Brazil? At least I think so.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:42 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Yea, but you can't have one! That's why they're making them so far away! LOL

Old 12-17-2009, 01:46 AM

Well if the Ford Taurus, Thunderbird was brought back as was the Camaro then why not the Blazer?

Old 12-17-2009, 01:51 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bigkhans
Well if the Ford Taurus, Thunderbird was brought back as was the Camaro then why not the Blazer?
OOooooo! good point!

Old 12-17-2009, 01:59 AM

Hell there's even talk about bringing back the original Ford Bronco. However the blazer is a niche vehicle that suits alot more people than just us. It will still be around it's just up to people like us to pester GM Management to bring back the original name plate.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:36 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by bigkhans
Hell there's even talk about bringing back the original Ford Bronco.
really? those mid-to-late 80's were great, for a Ford.

seriouslythough, the ones that had the rear window that went down like my 'Burb, had great styling.

Quick Reply: What is a Blazer and is it a dead vehicle.