General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What is a Blazer and is it a dead vehicle.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 02:49 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Yes they did indeed and it's a nice clean look when done right. Seriously the big car guys are always paying attention to what the masses are wanting but no the bronco was somewhat after the original 60's model.

Hope that answers your question.

Last edited by rriddle3; 12-17-2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 12-17-2009, 06:45 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I don't see the Blazer ever coming back to NA.
The fact is the trend is those stupid "CUV" or car like SUV things that are dominating the market right now. SUV's like the Blazer have been dead for a while now and I don't think they will make a comeback anytime soon.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Banned
TFisher is on a distinguished road

I don't want to go and get this thread locked, but petition to GM anyone? Just throwin' that one out there.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:30 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TFisher
I don't want to go and get this thread locked, but petition to GM anyone? Just throwin' that one out there.
You could try. Would it do anything or produce any result? more then likely no. I always felt petitions were a waste of time, especially when it comes to such a large corporation like GM. They wouldn't care. They're going to do what the market wants, and the market wants the stupid CUV's.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Banned

Should this get it's own thread?

Hey guys, help me get some words together and I'll make it happen. I'm drafting a petition now, and I could use a little help. What information are you willing to put along with your name, what do you REALLY want, etc. I'm a little afraid to articulate something on the behalf of the entire Blazer community without asking you guys.

Sisk, I disagree that the market doesn't want SUV, my neighbors have and Accord and an Expedition, guess which one is the daily driver? I'll give you a hint, it's NOT the Honda. GM is afraid of the federal government's EPA, but I think if we show them enough consumer support (and it'll have to be ALOT so spread the word!) they will tell the EPA to shove it.

So again, I think we should do this and I will work to make it happen. I will post it on PetitionOnline when it is finished and put a link in my signature. Thank you all so much in advance. I have been watching cars go straight down for years now, and I am getting pretty ticked. I don't know about all of you, but I don't want the Xterra to be the only option!

Regards,

Thomas

Old 12-17-2009, 12:06 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

blazerforum.com must not be involved in any way with this petition. If you wish to create this on your own and then post a thread on the Forum in either 'The Lounge' or 'General Chat' with a link to the petition, that would be okay, but remember that this website must not be mentioned or connected with the petition.
Let's keep this thread on topic and not drift into a discussion on the petition idea.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Banned

Thanks! Wanted to be sure before I did anything!

Regards,

Thomas

Old 12-17-2009, 04:23 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bigkhans
Yes they did indeed and it's a nice clean look when done right. Seriously the big car guys are always paying attention to what the masses are wanting but no the bronco was somewhat after the original 60's model.

Hope that answers your question.
i remember seeing that silver one before. that green one is a nice example of the og Bronco's. killer looking red one too.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:55 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

yeah it has been mentioned from page 1 that the blazer is dead in NA, but SA still has one. El Blazero doesn't count because everyone knows only NA counts when forming opinion!!!

As for bringing back the blazer... the same reason it died will be the same reason it wont come back; hippies. tree hugging, hemp wearing, bearded hippies who want the world to run on peace, also want the only pollutant to enter our skys to be their unwashed body fumes, and weed smoke. Because of this, and the greenliness of our current world views, the blazer is doomed to extinction.

or worse...

A reincarnation as a hybrid and a mom car like the 2000 era GTO! both are worse than death!

*edit** holy crap there was another page! now my comments are even more late

also that bronco concept was from 2004. why would you want a ford landrover? just by a rangerover if you want a knock off that bad

also petetions don't work, again IMO. If you got enough people to stop buying GM, unless they bring the Blazer back, then you will force america to continue floating GM before you change their minds

Last edited by ABN31B; 12-17-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:13 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

ABN! GM brought back the camaro and the el camino! Have some hope and fight for something good!

Quick Reply: What is a Blazer and is it a dead vehicle.