General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What got you into the Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Joemakerman is on a distinguished road
Default What got you into the Blazer?

Basically what got you into the Blazer? How'd you find out about it, and why do you like it so much compared to other cars? Etc.

Basically, my grandpa always had a Blazer as I was growing up. He passed away about a year and a half ago, and I inherited the Blazer from him. I learned on it, and now I'm driving it, and I LOVE it. I've only driven my Blazer, a CRV (2nd gen), Rav 4 (2nd gen), a Civic, a lifted Ford F-150 V8, and a Ford Taurus. I'm not sure if I liked the F-150 or the Blazer more, but nonetheless I still am in love with my Blazer, and nothing else I've driven compares to it.

-Joe

Old 02-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

got in a bad wreck with my olds alero, and my dad sold me his blazer (my red one) once i could drive again. no he wouldn't give it to me. that old man charged me 3000 bucks for it.lol. at first i did not like it at all. then i started customizing stuff on it. replacing parts and working on vehicles more and more. now i love it. in fact i just bought a k5 blazer about a week ago.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:39 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

My dad original bought it cause he got a good deal on it. He planned on fixing a few things and selling it. I sold the car i was fixing up and was driving the blazer while my dad was trying to sell it and until I found another car. After driving it for a month or so I decided I wanted it. So I bought it from my dad for $3600.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:41 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I've been an s-series junkie for awhile. I've owned 6 now.

My nova decided it didn't like number 7 rod and mom just got a new car so I bought her old blazer from her just to keep it in the family. I had planned on pulling it in the shop for a SAS and a 350 but when the nova died I decided to just drive the blazer and turn the nova into a project.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:43 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Back in '06, I had to get another vehicle PDQ and could not find a deal I liked on a pick-up. The Blazer had just been taken in on trade with 16,500 miles on it and I could not resist the price they asked. Just a matter of an acceptable vehicle at the right price.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:50 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

first one someone gave me. piled up tons of parts the 4 years i had it so im stuck with chevys

Old 02-07-2010, 09:58 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I was actually looking at a k1500 at the time, but the cheapest NICE one I found was about 5k.
I found the Blazer in town at a dealer lot, and just fell in love with it. One owner, Florida owned, great shape, and even better price! The rest is history.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:03 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I was tearing up my '90 C1500 going places I shouldn't have hunting and fishing. Told the wife I needed to get a 4WD to do the things I really wanted to but never even gave the small Blazers a thought until I drove my brother's Bronco II and saw how much more capable it was over a fullsize when in the mountains (read as tight turning radius).

Being as I've always been a Chevy guy I kept my eye out. Had the wife's car down at the dealership for some warranty work and they had three ZR2's on the lot. I did a little research on them compared to the non-Z's and went with the black ZR2. The other two were blue and red.

That was back in Oct '00 and haven't regretted the decision once. And, yes, I've had elk and deer in the back of it, drug a big bull out of the woods with it and have made my way to some pretty good fishing spots along the way.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:13 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I was driving a lil mercury tracer and dreamt of 4x4 offroading.... was looking at bigger trucks, but the ease of these and there was one for sale in town for 3995, with average miles and well taken care of at the time (i thought)

Old 02-07-2010, 11:28 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Out looking for a car when I was 15 and ran into the old 88. Picked it up for 700 bux and threw a lift on it, some other things, and had it for almost a year. Then came the big 86 chevy mud truck, a Lumina, a Dakota, and finally I saved up for a nice truck and bought my 01.

Quick Reply: What got you into the Blazer?