General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What got you into the Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First Vehicle

I bought my blazer right after I turned 16 and got my license. All in the same week I went out and bought it and loved it ever since. Never thought I would do all the mods and everything to it that it has now. I bought it for $3900 with 90k miles on it and the only thing was wrong with it was both recline handles on the seats were out and the brakes needed to be bled other than that it looked like it was just out of the factory brand new, an older man had it before me so he didn't do anything crazy with it or offroad. When we got it also my dad took it and replaced all spark plugs, plug wires,hoses,thermostat,belt, brakes, and I changed my oil, and bought a bigger battery just to make sure nothing would go wrong. Haven't had any problems with it and now it is at 145k miles and still going strong.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

In 1986 I was really looking for a K-5 Blazer. A dealer in the small town I lived in had advertised a GMC Jimmy for sale that was fairly loaded. I want down to see it and at first was disappointed to find out it was a T-15 Jimmy. Then I got looking at it and decided that maybe I could give it a chance. Of course it was ashort wheelbase as the 4 doors didn't exist then. After I test drove it both in town and highway (with a little off road to boot), I fell in love. The thing would turn on a dime and give 9 cents change. Not a lot of power from a carbureted 2.8L V-6 but enough plus when you went off road it seemed like it would climb a brick wall. Bought ot that adternoon and still own the little bugger to this day. Tried to giev it to my young son but he didn't appreciate much so I repoed it and now have to fix it after he got done tearing it up. Have owned several S10s but the little Jimmy will always be my favorite. Maybe I can be buried in it one of these days.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:06 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

I fell in love with my brother's s10 he had in 98 and after that i wanted one. i never had enough money until after 2007s summer. i was looking around because my dad had a 2dr blazer... after he passed away, i inherited the car, sold my cavalier, gave my mom the $2000 from that to her and have paid for most of the repair ever since then. (i couldn't afford replacing the rear differential when it went bad mid semester while mom was driving it)