General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 07:40 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

putting more miles on her!

Old 03-30-2014, 08:01 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Got something strange going on .... went out to try and start the Blazer in the afternoon ... fires right up! Then drove it over 100 miles making stops everywhere and it never missed a beat! Hate intermittent problems ... but at least it's running. Another month and she'll be parked anyway.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:53 AM
Starting Member
95BlackGA is an unknown quantity at this point

Fixing to head to a JY to find locking handle. I'm going to see if I can get an older Toyota parking brake cable and handle. Should be rather cheap, and work well.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:22 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Side markers wont be LED's, I swear, some things on these trucks GM designed with their eyes closed.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
Side markers wont be LED's, I swear, some things on these trucks GM designed with their eyes closed.
Why not? It can be done, I did it with 3 relays. Also read a bridge rectifier will do the same thing to keep the stock functions.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:33 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
Why not? It can be done, I did it with 3 relays. Also read a bridge rectifier will do the same thing to keep the stock functions.
Oh it can be done, figured out that the blue wire is a switching ground, wiring it up is not a problem, the design of the housing is really stupid and I dont feel like cutting today.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:13 PM
Beginning Member
egbert567 is on a distinguished road

Anyone know if Bar's Leaks will help with an upper intake gasket leak? ....or am I just avoiding the proper repair? '03 2dr LS

Old 03-30-2014, 03:23 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by egbert567
Anyone know if Bar's Leaks will help with an upper intake gasket leak? ....or am I just avoiding the proper repair? '03 2dr LS
stay away from that, will only create more problems. Get it fixed the right way.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Beginning Member
Tazzorn is on a distinguished road

Flooded my driver side floor pan. Tried to find the broke hose for the rear wiper sprayer. Found one under the hood fixed it and tried a couple times. Started dripping from inside was broken again right behind brake pedal. The flaws in the design of the s10 blazer are astounding!

Old 03-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
Oh it can be done, figured out that the blue wire is a switching ground, wiring it up is not a problem, the design of the housing is really stupid and I dont feel like cutting today.
Ah ok, yes not much room to work with. Superfluxes are a tight fit. You should still complete them one day so you can have all led's on that beast.

Hopefully over next few weeks I can:
swap out rad support with modded one for forward mount rad
install tranny cooler
intreprid fans
maybe swap fenders & inners
work on making a proper cai setup
(waiting on summit for) coil, cap, rotor, plugs, wires to finally change those

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?