General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

That's way to low^

Old 07-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Forist72 is on a distinguished road

Ya it is.... hope to get the cash soon to get a new fuel pump. Just got layed off so cash is tight right now.
Did get my 02 sensor figured out today tho, after replacing the bank 2 sensor one 2 times found it was the wires that run along the pass side by the exhaust manifold. Bad place for it to be ran in my opinion!!!! two of them needed to be fixed, I cut the wires back to get to the non burnt wire. Put some new wire in its place and some connectors on them. Now its all good no more codes WOOHOO!!! still running like crap but not as bad on fuel as I can tell so far. This is what it looked like......

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-forist72-82756-albums-02-sensor-wires-8147-picture-pics-1-479-29320.jpg  
Old 07-12-2014, 06:25 PM
newleaf is on a distinguished road
Default Trailer hitch and spare tire carrier

Installed a trailer hitch receiver. Installed a spare tire carrier on the under side (old one was broke when I bought it). Picked both parts from blazers at a scrap yard for $50 total.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:51 PM
ajhuizer is on a distinguished road

I replaced front and rear shocks, refurbished the front brakes, ordered new ball joints from rockauto and washes my baby...

Old 07-13-2014, 06:49 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Today I fixed the keyfob for the jimmy. After 20 years, it started to not work, so I took it apart, re-soldered all the solder points on the circuit board, and cleaned the contacts for the buttons. Working 100%

Old 07-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Had to do the exact same thing to our key fob for the '00 Jimmy. Talk about shoddy construction ....

Then the BCM totally failed about a year later - not only had no key fob action, but no headlights either ... at 9pm. Wife came home on the flatbed that night. Next day I rewired the entire headlight circuit myself from scratch, using a floor dimmer switch out of a '70 Nova. Was a royal PITA - even had to rewire the high beam light in the dash, because after I bypassed the BCM, it was lit constantly - even with the truck off! Forgot what I did there, but I had it working correctly eventually.

One of 100 electrical problems I had with that thing. That's why it's parts are all over the world, & the shell is out back with trees growing out of it ...

Old 07-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Starting Member
Dobe Rottie Gang is on a distinguished road

Made a bull-bar which also has a front hitch on it.

Name:  20140708_150341_zps1cb4bd00.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  110.8 KB

Old 07-14-2014, 09:21 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Had to do the exact same thing to our key fob for the '00 Jimmy. Talk about shoddy construction ....

Then the BCM totally failed about a year later - not only had no key fob action, but no headlights either ... at 9pm. Wife came home on the flatbed that night. Next day I rewired the entire headlight circuit myself from scratch, using a floor dimmer switch out of a '70 Nova. Was a royal PITA - even had to rewire the high beam light in the dash, because after I bypassed the BCM, it was lit constantly - even with the truck off! Forgot what I did there, but I had it working correctly eventually.

One of 100 electrical problems I had with that thing. That's why it's parts are all over the world, & the shell is out back with trees growing out of it ...
I am not sure what machine GM had soldering connections on their circuit boards for first and second gens, but they designed it horribly. It does not know how to lay down a good solder connection for the life of it.

I had to do the same thing on the digital cluster, and will have to pull it again to fix bad solder joints on the odometer.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:58 PM
Beginning Member
Tazzorn is on a distinguished road

Don't complain too much guys I got the old roller odometer and the speedo will start creeping up if you run the rpms over 2k in park or neutral. I haven't figured that one out yet. Mine no longer leaks though! Checked all the fluids to be sure it had some but everything is good the old seals regained some life and expanded to fill in cracks and such. Does anyone have any experience putting the 5 speed manual tranny in a 96 4 door blazer?

Old 07-15-2014, 07:08 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

I hear that Rich - awful job that thing did. I bet it saved them .05 cents per unit though ....LOL

To the above post .... lots of them (with cable) do that. The torque converter pumps a serious amount of fluid around revving in neutral - gets the speedo gears spinning on some trannys. That's my theory anyway.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?