General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Old 11-28-2015, 10:24 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

FML, y'all jealous.

The frame repair I can deal with (4 I need to do btw). But the body/cab lack of mount, can eat my a**. Plus 1 bolt broke off, and another would just spin the nut inside the body. God I hope I don't have to go through this again when I do the g/f's truck.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-th_imag0191_zpst58bcuqv.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-th_imag0193_zpsi6an4qyt.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-th_imag0191_zpst58bcuqv.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-th_imag0193_zpsi6an4qyt.jpg  

Last edited by Blazin_Jason; 11-28-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:51 PM
gary1998 is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys,
after searching on here found out how to fix my mirror switch.

I tore it out of the door and then did the emery cloth thing on the contacts and I now have power mirrors that work again.

Search is my friend. Thanks

Old 12-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

That's the great thing about older vehicles. Everything can be fixed. The new ones, you have to throw them in the trash and spend $100 on a replacement.

I got all the power windows working in our '93 Volvo with not one hand tool! Pulled the switches out by hand, they came out of the housing by hand, and the switches themselves came apart by hand - everything just snaps together, and it WORKS. Wish GM would design stuff like this ...

But yeah, just polish the tarnish off the brass contacts, & they're brand new again.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I snugged up the front spindle nut on my K5. The wheel had a bit of chock to it when I was looking things over before going to get it inspected.

While going through things, I went to open the rear gate and the rear window dropped down on one side... DAMN! The channel that the regulator sits into on the bottom side of the sash had rotted away. After getting it opened up, I found the sash that the window sits in was rotted quite badly as well. I had enough spare parts sitting in my shed to get it all back together and working properly. It just took me a few trips as I needed my spare rear window (with sash & channels) as well as both of the guide channels that mount inside the tailgate to get it back operating properly. I didn't notice that both of the guide channels were broken on the first go-around. I was quite tempted to unbolt the whole mechanical rear gate and bolt up my spare electric gate...but that would have probably opened up a whole other can of worms!

My wife kept rolling her eyes at me whenever I would come home with another "spare" part for this thing, but she now understands. All of the tailgate stuff I bought didn't cost as much as what new aftermarket parts would have cost to do this repair and I still have a complete electric rust free gate and an empty rust free shell!

Old 12-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Starting Member
dragoon1101 is on a distinguished road

i love these myself they are actually off an extended cab s10 had to custom make the rear chassis mounts but i think it looks way better then the small ones designed for the 2 door i acccually bought them off a guy that was parting out his s10 pickup so i dont know what the price was that he payed i got them for 80 with a bunch of other parts tho

the hood is a cervinis and it came on the blazer when i bought it here it is from cervini themselfs... 94-04 S-10 SS Hood

Old 12-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
............ The channel that the regulator sits into on the bottom side of the sash had rotted away. After getting it opened up, I found the sash that the window sits in was rotted quite badly as well. .............
Many a K5 has succumbed to rot all around back there. Glad you got it fixed & kept it going!

I'll bet there aren't many K5's left around NY anymore. I know there's virtually none left here in MA - very rarely do I see the remaining survivors.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:47 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Removed rear fender flares, have some cancer there. Bought new panels from LMC and will be fixing soon. Then I will have zero rust. Not bad for a 2000.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:23 AM
redcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Not been on here for a while, finally replaced the inlet manifold gaskets 0n my 99 Blazer in the UK. Not sure how it managed to run before but at least half of both gaskets were broken up. Long job as getting spares over here is difficult.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:57 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Finally managed to get a windshield washer spray outlet from my junkyard. Had to remove the grille and wanted to replace the sprayer. Found all the moss tape rotten and the channel all dirty. Washed the thingy out, removed all the old moss tape and put new one on. Then replaced the sprayer with an original nut that I had treated a couple months ago. Black as it should be without any rust.

Nothing visible but I know it's a good job done and makes me smile

Old 12-13-2015, 09:56 PM
Starting Member
dragoon1101 is on a distinguished road

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazerdashblue.jpginstalled the blue LED lights in the dash and other places looks sweet!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?