General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Starting Member
jmparker82 is on a distinguished road

Just put the 1.5" wheel spacers on the back end. Now my Blazer doesn't look so offset

Old 08-10-2014, 01:43 AM
00B1AZ3R is on a distinguished road
Default debadged!

Seeing others' slick blazers after debadge made me follow suit. I started with the fishing line and soon began to tug. Came off easy with no heat (other than the 95 degree weather). After both thumbs obtaining blisters, the tape gunk is gone. However, I can't get rid of the outline from the strip on the sides. I tried vinegar with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated. I heard goof off but I'm reluctant to use it on the paint. Call me a noob but I don't know how to post the pics...

Old 08-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Forist72 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 00B1AZ3R
Seeing others' slick blazers after debadge made me follow suit. I started with the fishing line and soon began to tug. Came off easy with no heat (other than the 95 degree weather). After both thumbs obtaining blisters, the tape gunk is gone. However, I can't get rid of the outline from the strip on the sides. I tried vinegar with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated. I heard goof off but I'm reluctant to use it on the paint. Call me a noob but I don't know how to post the pics...
Maybe some goo gone or try a buffer with a light abrasive or 1500/2000 grit wet sand paper.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:27 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 00B1AZ3R
wd40... seriously, use it, it works great. Stay away from sand paper for now, use that as a last resort unless you want to end up buffing it all out to make it shine again.

Old 08-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Forist72 is on a distinguished road

Today I got the rest of my roof rack done, will post pics of it tomorrow on my build. Went to the car wash got it all cleaned up and shined the tires. She looking good now, I need one of them stickers that says (don't stare at my rack) see all kinds of pep's looking at it LOL.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:22 PM
00B1AZ3R is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
wd40... seriously, use it, it works great. Stay away from sand paper for now, use that as a last resort unless you want to end up buffing it all out to make it shine again.
Thanks for the tips. I'm glad I was busy today and didn't try the sand paper yet.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Starting Member
RJ2004 is on a distinguished road

I replaced my filter housing to radiator oil line yesterday. Cake job once I removed the air box. Funny thing.... the crimps and seals were fine. It rusted through the hard-line and sprung a pinhole leak. It's good for another 100K miles now!

Old 08-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Did u-joints and a front brake job yesterday. Friggin u-joints only 4 years old, less than 30k miles on them. Thought I only needed one, so only bought one. When I got the driveshaft down, both were SEIZED solid! Back down to the store for a second one. No wonder the truck shook so bad under load! The needle bearings were sitting in powdered rust - made a red cloud when the joint broke free in the press. Advance Auto for ya ... non-greaseable too. Also had to turn the 4-year-old front rotors from the same store, as they pulsated like a bastard. No pics - I was hot and slightly aggravated .. HATE doing u-joints ...

Replacements came from NAPA. Greaseable!

Why I'm spending money on a vehicle we're not sure we're gonna keep, I don't have an answer to ....

Old 08-12-2014, 09:52 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Did u-joints and a front brake job yesterday. Friggin u-joints only 4 years old, less than 30k miles on them. Thought I only needed one, so only bought one. When I got the driveshaft down, both were SEIZED solid! Back down to the store for a second one. No wonder the truck shook so bad under load! The needle bearings were sitting in powdered rust - made a red cloud when the joint broke free in the press. Advance Auto for ya ... non-greaseable too. Also had to turn the 4-year-old front rotors from the same store, as they pulsated like a bastard. No pics - I was hot and slightly aggravated .. HATE doing u-joints ...

Replacements came from NAPA. Greaseable!

Why I'm spending money on a vehicle we're not sure we're gonna keep, I don't have an answer to ....
You may do this also , but I always grease them when installing

Old 08-12-2014, 09:52 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Still waiting on my new tires to arrive

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?