General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 04:20 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Cut the cat off yesterday. I had the P0420 code on and off for the last year and half or so. Everything I had heard said it had to be the O2 sensors. I changed out the downstream one and still got the code. Ignored it for a while until the last month here I had an increasingly audible exhaust rattle. Knew then it had to be the cat.

I must say, no cat with my flowmaster 40 sounds boss. I had been missing some noise, ever since I cut off the resonating tip it made the exhaust quiet. This opened it back up again.

If the code bothers me I'll just find a simulated O2 sensor. I do have a code reader and can clear it myself too.

Now I kinda have an itch again to do something. Thinking about bedlinering the flares and rocker panels. The flares are very pitted and missing a bit of paint now. The passenger side rocker panel has had the paint flake off from a bit of rust. Could take care of 2 problems at once. Thinking I might do those plastic rear window trim as well. They are faded and pitted and probably beyond the help of paint.

I know there's tons of resources for bedlinering on here. I'll do some searches and see what I pull up. Anyone have a favorite for DIY step by step?

Old 07-16-2016, 05:40 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RangerG
Cut the cat off yesterday. I had the P0420 code on and off for the last year and half or so. Everything I had heard said it had to be the O2 sensors. I changed out the downstream one and still got the code. Ignored it for a while until the last month here I had an increasingly audible exhaust rattle. Knew then it had to be the cat.

I must say, no cat with my flowmaster 40 sounds boss. I had been missing some noise, ever since I cut off the resonating tip it made the exhaust quiet. This opened it back up again.

If the code bothers me I'll just find a simulated O2 sensor. I do have a code reader and can clear it myself too.

Now I kinda have an itch again to do something. Thinking about bedlinering the flares and rocker panels. The flares are very pitted and missing a bit of paint now. The passenger side rocker panel has had the paint flake off from a bit of rust. Could take care of 2 problems at once. Thinking I might do those plastic rear window trim as well. They are faded and pitted and probably beyond the help of paint.

I know there's tons of resources for bedlinering on here. I'll do some searches and see what I pull up. Anyone have a favorite for DIY step by step?
done this and it works

Old 07-17-2016, 05:26 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by newguy
Not exactly sure how that ends up working but I may have to give that a shot. Thanks!

Old 07-17-2016, 05:56 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by RangerG
Not exactly sure how that ends up working but I may have to give that a shot. Thanks!
takes it out of the main exhaust flow, trick the computer to think its running cleaner Originally the problem is a bad cat. Or a cheap one

Old 07-21-2016, 01:02 PM
BF Veteran

removed cruise control setup, didnt work, never use it. installed new fender flare on drivers side

Old 07-25-2016, 06:45 AM
truc.karl is on a distinguished road

Got new wiper blades and went to the gas station to filled up the tank.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:45 AM
Beginning Member
BowFreak is on a distinguished road

RangerI'm using monstaliner for all mine... Supposed to be UV protected and last longer... Doesn't use recycled rubber for grit.9mm forms its own as it dries. Gonna spray instead of roll on. Another benefit for many is the wide range of colors... But of course I'm sure ur staying blacked out.

Need to start my build thread soon. Got quite a bit done already and quite a few pics.... Just gotta take the time to start the thread.

Hope all are doing well!

Old 07-25-2016, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I can also vouch for the Monstaliner mines going on 6 or 7 years and still holding strong. The best recommendation I can give is don't skimp on the prep work it will make or break your finished product.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:55 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Didn't do anything but I saw this at the store.

Was lifted a little and riding on 31s. Looked like a good pic opportunity.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20160722_184615_zpsp4xkbhks.jpg  
Old 07-27-2016, 05:48 AM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road

Did the tranny service last night. Did not look to bad a little bit of crap around the magnet but for never being done before it was not all that bad. removed pan drained fluid and replaced filter/gasket and fluid.

Also, have received the over-sized hinge bushings from total automotive. I guess now the next step is to drill out the holes and replace them

Happy trails

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?