General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 08:43 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Ordered an HID kit from xenondepot today.
I will get around to retrofitting projectors at some point. I just do not have the time and want more light.
4300k is the color temp I ordered, most usable light and looks normal.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:48 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Changed out the left front hub. Quiet bearings help bring the exhaust leak up in the mix....

Old 08-27-2016, 03:51 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Disabled the DRLs on the truck. Next up, HIDs.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Starting Member
David Stoner is on a distinguished road

I've owned nothing but Blazers so far, but I bought an 02 blazer and been getting everything fixed slowly, but here lately I've been having the service engine light blink when driving on the highway... Any ideas of why?

Old 08-29-2016, 11:53 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by David Stoner
I've owned nothing but Blazers so far, but I bought an 02 blazer and been getting everything fixed slowly, but here lately I've been having the service engine light blink when driving on the highway... Any ideas of why?
If you have a smart phone, pick up a bluethooth obd2 reader from amazon and get torque pro from the app store. under 20 bucks for both, Then you can get real time info on the code that is being thrown.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:02 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Blinking light means a catalytic-converter melting misfire - a severe misfire. Basically, raw fuel is burning in the cat, and WILL eventually damage it if you keep driving it.

All depends on where you live as to how big a deal this is. If you have to pass emissions, it will cost you big. Cats aren't cheap. If you don't have emission testing, I wouldn't worry about it, but you might have to gut the cat for the engine to breathe again, depending on how bad it's melted. If it hasn't been happening for too long, you might get lucky and be able to leave it be.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:49 AM
Beginning Member
cloudchaos is on a distinguished road

So get mine back from the shop New Intake gaskets, Valve Cover gaskets, EGR tube and since they cracked it taking the EGR line out the shop bought me a new intake. They also replaced my plug wire under warranty because they were being melted by my exhaust manifold. Well drive to work and go to lay in the tuck at lunch and I smell gas. F*@#K Gas is leaking from the top of the tank, half hoping it was just over filled when topping it off this morning but I'm guessing it is a line or a hole in the tank.

I'm about ready to drop kick this MF'n thing.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:20 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cloudchaos
So get mine back from the shop New Intake gaskets, Valve Cover gaskets, EGR tube and since they cracked it taking the EGR line out the shop bought me a new intake. They also replaced my plug wire under warranty because they were being melted by my exhaust manifold. Well drive to work and go to lay in the tuck at lunch and I smell gas. F*@#K Gas is leaking from the top of the tank, half hoping it was just over filled when topping it off this morning but I'm guessing it is a line or a hole in the tank.

I'm about ready to drop kick this MF'n thing.
fixing is still cheaper than buying new. And eventually it will be new LOL

Old 08-31-2016, 02:46 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

So,my new engine mount broke a few months ago. Im sick of these pos aftermarket rubber mounts. So i broke down and installed a energy suspension mount only for the driver side. Friend of mine put it in while i was at work. I like it.

Minimal vibrations
Instant throttle response since im not loosing torque from engine twist
and seemed like good quality.
For $45 bucks u cant go wrong.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:26 PM
Beginning Member
Sirloin is on a distinguished road

Replaced the rear bumper and both plastic corners on my '96 Blazer with a 2001 bumper set. I had already installed a heavy duty receiver from a 2001, so the new bumper bolted right on to it. The corners of the 2001 were about a half inch longer than the 96 version, so I replaced both corners to match the new bumper.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?