General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 04:39 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Swapped back to my ported box for my two 12's in the back. No real reason other than something to do :P

Also managed to break my fiberglass CB antenna off my spare tire carrier...

luckily I keep a spare

Old 06-30-2018, 09:10 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Stopped at the salvage yard, grabbed the carbon oil pan and transmission covers. Ended up getting them for free cause I'm always there. 🤣

The oil pan cover had 4 T-40 torx bolts.
The tranny cover had 5 15 mil bolts.

Old 06-30-2018, 09:14 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough
Default HVAC Vacuum Solenoid Valve

Replaced the vacuum solenoid valve for my 1999 with computer controlled HVAC. What a pain to get in there to get at it. The screws that hold it in place are on the side away from you and you have to do every thing by braille. I wish I had had a wobble socket on the nut-driver but a regular 1/4" wobble joint had to do. I also used zip ties to keep all of the vacuum hoses to it in place. I do not want to have to go back to it again.

Since I had the center console out, I also looked again at the SIR module that sits on the floor between the seats. I don't know if it matters but I noticed that the two sockets on the receptacle that are for ground are copper instead of steel. They seem to had lost some of their springiness. I wondered if this could be related to my intermittent SIR warning. I messed with the pins and the receptacle to try to improve the electrical connections. We'll see if the SIR warning stays out.

Old 06-30-2018, 09:35 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Stopped at the salvage yard, grabbed the carbon oil pan and transmission covers. Ended up getting them for free cause I'm always there. 🤣
The oil pan cover had 4 T-40 torx bolts.
The tranny cover had 5 15 mil bolts.
Score! Mine came with those and they do give me some good peace-of-mind when I'm off pavement. When doing front end work, it is a bit of a pain to have to take off the front one though. Depending on how your hoses are routed, you might want to protect any hoses from the sharp edges of the plastic.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:31 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Fixed exhaust leak at the passenger side Y-Pipe to Exhaust manifold (Replaced Doughnut and Manifold gaskets), Replaced exterior turn signal, Brake, Reverse and Marker lamps with LEDs. (Needed LED flasher and 2 LED Resistors)

Old 07-01-2018, 11:33 PM
Beginning Member
Mspeedfreak03 is on a distinguished road

got my rockford fosgate 10" P3, sealed box and 500w amp wired in.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:30 AM

Got two little projects done yesterday

Put some DIY tint on a pair of front door glasses that I had. Letting them sit inside for the week to cure. Hoping that just 35% will be enough. Probably lighter than the factory rear door tint. If it's not enough, I'll tint the glass that I pull out of the truck with 25% and install those back in it

Added some much needed extra light to the rear cargo area with just a couple short white LED strips I found laying around in the garage. Just tapped them into the existing rear cargo lamp. They're tiny but they definitely help.

Can also see the dual 12" ported box I was talking about in my earlier post

Old 07-02-2018, 07:09 AM
canadianbacon is on a distinguished road

Changed the filler neck, looks like it came off the Titanic, gotta love the Maritimes...also the last portion of the neck broke off in the rubber hose that connects to the tank, so now I know where the gas smell was coming from if I made a right hand turn with a bit of speed. I also put a new fuel cap on since the one on there had the rubber split.

Old 07-03-2018, 06:18 AM

wow that thing is TOAST!

Old 07-03-2018, 08:41 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Got two little projects done yesterday

Added some much needed extra light to the rear cargo area with just a couple short white LED strips I found laying around in the garage. Just tapped them into the existing rear cargo lamp. They're tiny but they definitely help.

Can also see the dual 12" ported box I was talking about in my earlier post

That looks awesome. Really lightens it up back there, that's a great idea....I hope you don't mind that i copy that in the future lol

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?