General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 12:34 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Yep, time to wash it now...

Or just rock it as-is for a week or so, idk :P

Old 09-01-2018, 08:56 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
Ha Ha! Well like most old Blazers there will always be something to fix.
You blazer is about a 2002 and a half, with all the new parts!

Old 09-01-2018, 09:06 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Yep, time to wash it now...
Wait till it starts raining (from my experience down there, should be anytime now, multiple times), then run outside and suds her up. Mother Nature; the best car wash.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Lube, oil, filter, checked torque on the new rear wheel spacers(1.25").

Looked for where the engine is leaking oil. Best I can tell it is from the bottom of the timing chain cover. Might have to clean it up and try that spray-on sealant stuff from Permatex. Also think I might have a leak at my left front axle seal. Will be checking the fluid in the axle soon.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:15 AM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road
Default motor mount,replacement 2000 blazer

not a bad job,old comes out easy,no matter how much rust...used the "cut the bottom hole method"....best to not fix oil leaks...helps to keep down the rust,.,ha!....thanks for blazer forum!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-02-2018, 11:59 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by int3414
not a bad job,old comes out easy,no matter how much rust...used the "cut the bottom hole method"....best to not fix oil leaks...helps to keep down the rust,.,ha!....thanks for blazer forum!!!!!!!!!!
"cut the bottom hole method"??? What is this and for what??

As for oil leaks, I am a bit OCD about them. LOL However, I can report I lost a clutch in my 82 Prelude due to an oil leak from the valve cover gasket AND the oil cap on the valve cover. On one hand I was glad I did not lose the clutch because I am a poor driver but then again I had a $1,000 repair bill that could have been prevented for a cost of about $20. LOL

P.S. I live where we have hardly any rust issues, only surface rust so that is not so much a worry. Well until a couple years when the Idaho DOT started using salt for the first time!

Old 09-02-2018, 04:13 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Pulled out the original battery tray that was heavily rusted and installed a new one. Pulled out the air filter housing to figure out where the broken piece of plastic that I found laying under the headlight came from. Everything looked ok so I'm not sure yet. Up next, a new windshield on Tuesday.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:49 AM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
"cut the bottom hole method"??? What is this and for what??

As for oil leaks, I am a bit OCD about them. LOL However, I can report I lost a clutch in my 82 Prelude due to an oil leak from the valve cover gasket AND the oil cap on the valve cover. On one hand I was glad I did not lose the clutch because I am a poor driver but then again I had a $1,000 repair bill that could have been prevented for a cost of about $20. LOL

P.S. I live where we have hardly any rust issues, only surface rust so that is not so much a worry. Well until a couple years when the Idaho DOT started using salt for the first time!
cut new mount,thread bolt in block,slip new mount on bolt tighten all 3
state of ct. STOPPED using salt,now using some liquid crap takes out brake lines,and everything else....haha....sand is thing of the past....well so aint good drivers...lol
recent upper control arm replacement,2000 jimmy,problem...broke in half...reason RUST
if i saved all the rust from these two junks,i could have easily filled a 5 gallon bucket...sad

Old 09-03-2018, 09:31 AM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

Yesterday I tracked down two problems I believe were related. First I had a no start condition and knew I a code P0418 which relates to the secondary air pump. Tracing out the battery cables looking for a bad spot I found the original battery cable routing wasn't followed so the cable leading the relay for the secondary air pump wasn't tight at the post them found the battery clamp had cracked and would tighten any more.

Replaced the positive battery clamp with one I had and checked the fuses on the relay block so both issues went away.

supposed to be spotty storms today so I think I will wash my truck and make sure it's a steady downpour all day. after that.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:08 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Pulled out the center floor console. Cleaned all the carpet inserts and all the plastic. Removed the coin holder and the cd holder, cleaned, sprayed with primer, and spray painted both black. Pulled the top arm rest apart and found it to be cracked in the middle and some of the inner foam coming out. Used epoxy to repair all the cracks and filled the factory foam filler holes with silicone. Also repaired the consoles front mount which had brken and caused the front of the console to move when bumped. What was interesting about the whole thing was when I removed the console I found a gas receipt from the original owner. It was dated three months after the rig came on the market and the gas price was $1.53 a gallon.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?