General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 11:49 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
I just changed out my fuel pump. Dropped the tank cleaned everything, and used Fluid Film on it and underneath, everywhere.
I had never heard of it until my brother told me. He apparently sprays his vehicle's frames down once a year with it.
I would definitely advise using it whenever possible.
​​​​
​​​​​​
This looks like a cool product. I launch my boat into saltwater a couple times a year in addition to its normal use on the local lakes. I've been wanting some way to protect the inside of the square tubing. Have any of you used it for boat trailers??

Old 12-31-2018, 06:47 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
This looks like a cool product. I launch my boat into saltwater a couple times a year in addition to its normal use on the local lakes. I've been wanting some way to protect the inside of the square tubing. Have any of you used it for boat trailers??
I have not used it for marine applications, but I say go for it.
My bro is a retired Air Force flight engineer, said they used a product very similar to Fluid Film on planes/jets.
He definitely sold me on the product.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:06 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Used the winch on the 'ol girl to rip a stump from the ground Much easier than how I've done it in the past, a ****** strap and a running start lol

Old 01-01-2019, 09:46 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
I use it on all my trailers. I've got a 18' Dively flatbed dovetail I hose down with motor oil every year.

With a boat trailer you'll have to do it every month or so with used motor oil, or every couple months with Fluid Film, since water will eventually wash it off.

Good thing I did it early this year, since I delivered a Ford 2N plow assembly up to northern NH in October, and they had snow and salt on the roads in Franconia Notch already that day. That trailer will rust right before your eyes ...

Old 01-01-2019, 09:55 AM
Beginning Member
1999redblazer is on a distinguished road

barely hobbled it home this morning. i think alternator went out, lost all gauges and would barley go. i’m charging truck now and i’m going to test alternator.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:30 PM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road
Default changed tranny fluid today,how long does it take till

i start having problems,slipping etc.?/////////////it was dirty **** in bottom....figured out one thing.,try putting pan on without gasket,,,so you can see how to finagle it up in there,,,,

Old 01-01-2019, 01:56 PM
Freewheel is on a distinguished road
Default 🎉Happy new add a leafs! 🎉

Finally got my rear helper springs in place!
​​​​​​... So now ill need to yank my t-bars a bit more to get it leveling again! Seems these rigs likes a rake, positive or negative...

Happy new year!

Last edited by Freewheel; 01-03-2019 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:14 PM
CWBDDSPC is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Hope you don't live south of town....those "S" curves can be pretty dangerous in icy conditions.
Great place, brought the wife there last Memorial Day. Hadn't been to Clark's Tower since I was 17..
Nope, we live north of town and those curves are a bit treacherous for sure!

The Blazer, ummmm burned up the fusible link on the alternator positive wire - oops! I don’t recommend it!

Old 01-01-2019, 04:32 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

slathered some JB Weld onto my projector retrofit headlights. It's taking me way too long to get these together, I've been lazy over this Christmas and Newyear holiday vacation lol

Old 01-02-2019, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Backed off the pitman shaft adjustment screw on the steering gear. I was able to recover the lighter feel of the steering able to return itself to neutral on its own again. In an attempt to try to get rid of some free-play in the steering, I had adjusted it so that the screw was backed out 1/4 turn from full in but with that setting it felt like it wouldn't come back the last 30 degrees or so to neutral without some effort. I tried it backed out 1/2 which was better and then 3/4 of a turn and now it feels much better. The actual amount of free play I think I feel in the steering wheel did not change so I suspect that either the steering gear itself is worn or the rag joint is bad.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?