General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Old 03-07-2019, 12:07 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cleburne red
​​​​​​Aligning the oil pump drive took me forever, I had to use a long piece of #10 wire bent 90° on the end, and put my phone on the lower intake with the camera and flashlight on to see down the hole. While you're on your hands and knees litteraly on top of the engine lol

Also, take your hood off. It's only two 13mm bolts, and makes it so much easier to do
I never worry about getting it lined up. I just drop the distributor in as far as it will go, and put slight down pressure on it while I bump the starter. It drops right in. Then I just bump it around one more time to confirm that the marks line up.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:22 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

I cannot for the life of me find out what these hinges are called, or what their part numbers are. I need to replace both of them though before they mess up my glass. Anyone got any pointers?

Old 03-08-2019, 03:50 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
Yes sir... hope it helps with some issues... itll be my first, so gotta watch some videos, and gets tips...
This write-up helped me quite a bit.

How To Replace Intake Manifold Gaskets On A GMC Jimmy 4.3 Liter V6 To Fix A Coolant Leak - GM Truck Engine Repairs

Old 03-08-2019, 06:37 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

thanks for that. Just finished watching a video on the dismantle. A little more work then the spider injector I did over the summer. But I'm confident. I'm really not looking forward to doing it out in the open, in -10°C.

for the jimmy, got some shopping done for it. Misc parts that were missing, and alternator, and some front rain deflectors for the doors. Got the alternator in, and truck turned over. Running, ish... she will run and drive, she shakes. Spark plugs dont look the best, plug wires were all crossed do that didnt help either. Gonna get some plugs tomorrow morning, and see how that goes.

Gotta do the LIM on the blazer as a priority tho.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:35 PM
Beginning Member
Madson26 is on a distinguished road
Default It was a long day.

Today the BlaZr2 got new shackles, new leaf springs, new u bolts, and new shocks. I gained 3 1/4" in the rear just by replacing the worn out leaf springs and a busted shackle. I went with 1.5" lift shackles from warrior products and I am confident they will outlive the truck. The quality of the product is amazing. I would provide pictures, but I can't seem to find the before picture to see the difference.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:31 PM
Beginning Member
Finnblaze is on a distinguished road

diy front protection, lower parts strong enough to tow the blazer...

Old 03-11-2019, 03:33 PM
Beginning Member
Finnblaze is on a distinguished road

some protection to the sides also.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:27 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Installed a freshly cleaned driver's side seat belt.

It's AMAZING what a little electric pressure washer will do to a 15 year old seat belt!

Old 03-11-2019, 09:25 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

I was able to pick up a ZR2 jack for my truck as it was missing and found out the standard jack will fit and will lift the truck. I think I'll prefer the right jack more.

Gonna be there when they open tomorrow...I need those fender flares but didn't have the right tools with me.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:35 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 2001ZR2
I was able to pick up a ZR2 jack for my truck as it was missing and found out the standard jack will fit and will lift the truck. I think I'll prefer the right jack more.

Gonna be there when they open tomorrow...I need those fender flares but didn't have the right tools with me.
Zr2 flares suck at getting off! Was lucky mine where going on a four door and getting cut up anyways, didnt need the mounting tabs on the back.

best of luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?