General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 08:45 PM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

Very clean looking job, well done.

Old 03-17-2019, 11:06 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer11 is on a distinguished road

Changed the floor shift **** to late 80s cavalier "ball" type ****

Old 03-21-2019, 07:44 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

I worked on the Original S-10 Blazer to my family today. My son wants to get it running and it attempting to pull the transmission. He was stuck on the front drive shaft removal. I figured out by asking someone who know that the zerk on the shaft was for a slip collar. A pry bar and few squirts of grease and it's out.

I am really trying not to do this and let him learn but.....

Old 03-21-2019, 09:30 PM
Beginning Member
Madson26 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 2001ZR2
I worked on the Original S-10 Blazer to my family today. My son wants to get it running and it attempting to pull the transmission. He was stuck on the front drive shaft removal. I figured out by asking someone who know that the zerk on the shaft was for a slip collar. A pry bar and few squirts of grease and it's out.

I am really trying not to do this and let him learn but.....
It helps to have someone that knows... Hell, doctors don't learn on their own. It's like the old give a man a fish/ teach a man to fish. Keep teaching, you will both appreciate it and enjoy it someday even more

Old 03-22-2019, 05:36 AM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road
Default Rocker Panels

Started to work on some rusted rocker panels. Started the passenger side last fall but now going to do both at the same time

Don

Old 03-22-2019, 07:12 AM
motorbreth77 is on a distinguished road

This has all been done over the past month but here goes...
95 4.3 4WD Blazer with 212,000. 4 Door, Black on Black

-Rebuilt Auto Trans, 3/4 Clutches were smoked.
-Front and Rear Brakes
-Removed the profusely leaking, awful remote oil cooler lines, Filter now on engine block, leaks are history!
-Flaming river U-Joint, Steering is great now, no play at all.
-Thermostat replaced, never got above 160, had blow by in rubber thermostat gasket, now sits at 195.
-Installed Thrush Welded muffler, sounds great.
-Ever so slight T-Bar crank, to level the front with the back.

No codes, 20 mpg on highway

To do,
Vac down and charge up the A/C
Prob new U-Joint in the rear.
Replace worm gear/motor assembly for rear wiper.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:41 AM
SubSoar is on a distinguished road

A few things, actually. I have a '71 K/5, orange, with a 4" lift kit and 35 1/2" tires. I worked on picking out new seats and a new steering wheel (pics to come soon) and I replaced all the light lenses and gaskets, reinstalled my headlights with new adjuster assemblies, started picking out new Flowmasters, and did a short inspection of the underside, only to determine it badly needs a pressure wash on the underside.The gentleman I purchased it from used it as a mudding toy, go figure :/ It's got an original small-block 350 with a bunch of aftermarket parts, including an electric-choked Edelbrock carburetor. I cleaned around that, cleaned the air cleaner and filter, and topped off my fluids, including power brake and steering fluids. A good day, today!

Old 03-22-2019, 08:58 AM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

Oh, 71..I want to see a pic of original steering wheel. My son keeps telling me my 98 Blazer steering wheel is to big. I said should have seen the wheels years back, thin, hard and huge because power steering was not common so needed the leverage, he does not believe me. Get a crack and pinch your hand when driving. Used to wrap em with the long leather or vinyl strips and ties that cord in a knot to keep it tight. The young are so spoiled nowadays.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:02 AM
SubSoar is on a distinguished road

Actually, much to my dismay, I didn't buy it with the original wheel. I got this tiny 12.5 inch racing wheel fit for a Camaro. The dick I bought it from kept the original wheel, front bucket seats, and rear bench seat.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:09 AM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

I can empathize with Original stuff missing from a truck. My SPOTs or stupid previous owner tricks were taking off the skid plates, removing the AC compressor, creative serpentine belt routing, and not installing the power steering pump correctly which caused it to wear out quickly.

My favorite was the rebuilt trans that had a 700R4 sun shell, the actuator pistons in backwards and the missing transmission clips. The bottom line was wrapped in teflon tape to keep with friction. It came off on the highway and month later the trans died.

With my son's truck I have really throttle back because I will jump in and go but he'll sit and let me.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?