General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 01:59 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Nice! Love the add on on the brush guard lol

Old 09-09-2019, 02:05 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Thanks, guys!

And yeah, his name is Batty. I got him at a Halloween store years and years ago and he just kind of followed me from home to home. I figured instead of haunting my window sill, he can take up his mantle on the front of the brushguard.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
So looking at this closer, does the rear have extra padding for the lower back in the center? I dont recall seeing the seat stick out on any other model...

Old 09-09-2019, 08:22 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
So looking at this closer, does the rear have extra padding for the lower back in the center? I dont recall seeing the seat stick out on any other model...
Not really when you see it in person, it is odd how it looks like that in the photo. I noticed it too lol

Old 09-10-2019, 07:01 PM
BF Veteran

Picked up a black dash for my interior swap, no bedazzle, but it's the main piece. I already have speaker covers and the vent guard, so wont need those either. But I dont need to spend all that time at the yard looking and pulling one. I do need to see about the 4x4 wires and such, not sure if the wires will be the same... no idea if it was a 3 or 4 button...

Old 09-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

I finally got around to changing out my upper ball joints. I knew my driver's side was trash. It rides so much better. Lowers are next on the list then tie rods!

Old 09-16-2019, 06:24 PM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road
Default fixed door panel today

is this correct?

Old 09-16-2019, 06:27 PM
jayblazerking is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by int3414
is this correct?
\\

Nice! I used a 7mm Bolt with a small washer - those bolts are pita to get in there properly with out a good flex rachet

Old 09-21-2019, 03:40 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

I have been slacking on updating the group:
On My ZR2 aka the Black Dumpster Fire over the last couple of months
Finally found a 2004 Tahoe alternator to upgrade so I could put in my electric fans.
Got them from a 2001 3.5L Intrepid and it was 1/2 price day.
Installed the alternator and drove it for about 4 weeks then put in the fans.
Found out soldering the control voltage to a relay on the pin for power will cause overheating when the fuse blows.
Straighten that out and added the Big 3 wire upgrade.
Solved my lack of heat by back flushing the heater...damaged a heater hose. Getting new ones next week. Slow leak.
Redid the front brakes with Powerstop Z36 rotors, calipers and pads. The passenger side stuck and wore out the pads. Did this Wednesday

On my Oldest son's truck:
Added BG44k fuel system cleaner which fixed the constant misfire on #4 and restored acceleration.
Put in new shocks on the fronts repalced worn out KYB ones with Bilstein ones. Getting them was as hard as I can remember. I think the front lower control arms have been replacing with cheap Chinese ones. Thursday's project
Last night installed the Gibson exhaust system so more open pipe past the cat. The cat back system went in about a hour time. Took a little longer because I broke open my forehead when the ratchet slipped. They glued the skin back together.

I am helping my son since he is working two jobs and taking a couple of classes.

In late July my son was recruited to wrestle for a small school in Nebraska. I put in the price the cost of some the differed maintenance but missed some.

On the 2006 Trailblazer we drove it O'Reilly where I changed the dead coil pack, the spark plugs and the air filter..
Rebuilt the front end including the tie rod on the passenger side that moved about 1/2"
Was told the oil was the kid who drove overfilled it with oil. I changed the oil and discovered the transmission line was leaking and the power steering line was leaking.
Had the transmission serviced and the lines replaced,, added a transmission cooler and filled it with Dextron 6
Found out about the cracked manifold and missing bolts on the number 6 cylinder.
Replaced the O2 sensor with the exhaust manifold.
New shocks and struts at all four corners.
changed the intake manifold gasket and cleaned an incredible amount of carbon out of the intake head.
Finally fixed the P0171 lean run code when I checked the fuel pressure and found it to be 38 psig instead of 50-57. Dropped the tank and changed the pump with an ACDelco unit.
Previous owners drove it for 2 years with this issue.
New tires at all 4 corners.

This truck needs to last 4 years and 50,000 miles but was done with two rules in mind. Mom needs a safe vehicle for her baby and Dad doesn't want to drive about 4 hours to fix it.

Old 09-22-2019, 05:12 PM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

Well, Had Saphire (wife's 2000 Blazer 2wd) for nearly two months now. Been repairing abuse done by the p.o. In order:
Driver upper ball joint (really gone, imminent failure)
driver side hinge pins
self-tap screws to secure worn out driver front door panel after putting on temp replacement mirror (from 95 GMC jimmy, doesn't quite connect)
driver sway bar bushings (gone)
new power steering pressure hose and replaced 1 bolt and two mounting nuts dealer never put back on after replacing power steering pump
replaced tiny-arsed car tires with new 235-75's
Today passenger upper balljoint and found passenger upper control arm bushings shot (next week's job)
the Pioneer stereo that was put in had a blown amp (only driver front worked, barely) so picked up an older Pioneer at the pawn shop and swapped it out. Finally....MUSIC!

not done yet: replace a/c compressor. Still has charge but won't engage. Needs new mirrors, and center console cover door. Then I'll be satisfied.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?