General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 11:24 AM
93S10TahoeLT is on a distinguished road

Steering wheel nice and comfy now.

Name:  aWVL5Tp.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  637.9 KB
Name:  yJP98pr.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  1,006.0 KB

Old 06-05-2020, 07:50 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Reinstalled the rear licence plate lights that were installed upside-down by the body shop.

Pro Tip: these lights are not interchangeable from left to right.

Old 06-06-2020, 08:57 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough
Default Replaced Multi Function Switch on 2000 Jimmy

The function on my 2000 GMC Jimmy Diamond Edition broke. In order to fix the turn signal cancel function you have to replace the entire multi-function switch. I found a video on you tube which was very detailed on replacing the switch. I was able to remove and install the new switch without any damage to connectors or plastic retainers. All functions work correctly. I was able to purchase a new switch from Advanced Auto with a 20% coupon and used a $15 speed perks coupon and I got the switch delivered to the house for about $140.00. As a side benefit my Service 4WD light was coming on if I switched from 2 HI to AWD/4HI within about 10 seconds of switching. Once I replaced the mult-function switch the 4wd service light no longer comes on. There must have been some connection with the multi-function switch to the 4 WD service light.

Last edited by mr.vls; 06-06-2020 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-07-2020, 09:05 AM

Moved two big air conditioners to NYC yesterday. Also went to Yonkers. Also, had AC systen charged up to 60psi; seems to have adjusted itself back down to about 40.

A very fun day, Blazer did a LOT of work yesterday, lol.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:27 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Installed some rubber weather strip between the windshield grill and the glass. I'm hoping this will cut down on the amount of little larch needles and ash leaves that get into the inlet of the HVAC system!

https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...89/#post723227

Old 06-09-2020, 05:17 PM

Used a new brand of AC refrigerant

Old 06-09-2020, 05:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 93S10TahoeLT
Used a new brand of AC refrigerant
What for? Your for sale thread says everything is working... Was the old stuff giving you hives or something? We told you that huffing that stuff wasn't good for you...but you never listen anyway. Or did it just make the voices in your head too loud?

Old 06-10-2020, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
What for? Your for sale thread says everything is working... Was the old stuff giving you hives or something? We told you that huffing that stuff wasn't good for you...but you never listen anyway. Or did it just make the voices in your head too loud?
It is working. Im just making it work better, making the pressures better. It seems to "come on faster" now. BUT. I haven't heard from you in awhile.. How you been?

Old 06-11-2020, 07:35 PM

Sniffed an entire, tall, shiny, beautiful, black $40 can of AC Pro today, through my eye.

Well, not really. Just enjoyed my nice cold AC this humid day.

If I had another running car, it would have been sold today.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:44 AM

Today, I junked my other car to get money to go to Walmart and get more cans for my R134A habit. Right into the eye. You know.. since I "huff" them, and all. Sometimes, I shoot it into my coffee like its whip cream and call myself The Snowman and then I run around in a circle making chicken noises like Homer Simpson. No manual.. Au Naturale. With my Chevy keychain in my hand.. yes I have a Bowtie keychain emblem, lol. Because I love the Blazer. That's my Chevy. How am I doing, swartlkk?

Haha.. No, I didn't. The AC - believe it or not, I really need to get vent thermometers for temps for proof - works VERY well now. Maybe not 100% good, but..

Stuff is not leaking out.
It was.. from the Low side Schraeder valve. I got it closed. (And no, not with tissue. Actually closed. And a cap.)
I am not touching it anymore, as it appears to be working after about two days, including a 100% (?) humidity day.
It DOES get COLD. Especially when it runs for awhile. (Won't "freeze you out" like other cars I've had, but, still waiting on these upper 90/100 degree days. It was 90 for like an hour one day and the AC felt real good. Waiting for more of a challenge for it. But it does appear to be working.)
Low side line sweats and drips water from its condensation on the outside and it works well enough to make a ring of water where the fitting to the compressor is.. it hasn't done this in about a month so I must really have it mixed right etc this time. (I learned a bunch of ways to tell without gauges, or, in my case, only one gauge.)
Given all the stuff that went in there, and how the compressor wasnt plugged back in after engine change .. I'll take it.

Now gimme my can! In my OJ voice lol.

Good morning, all. Drove it to work. Now waiting to go in. Didn't even need to idle with the AC on today.. not a hot morning.

Last edited by 93S10TahoeLT; 06-12-2020 at 06:48 AM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?