General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 07:46 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

That all depends on location my friend... as desperate as thing have gotten, I haven't seen anything worst then someone stealing my antenna on devils night 2 years ago... I'm trying to talk the wife into letting me make a little 5x5x6 shed.

Last edited by DonL; 06-21-2020 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:48 PM
BF Veteran

[/QUOTE]

so......

that little green table... my dad came home one day from the scrap yard with one... do you remember what vehicle it was from? Lol

Old 06-21-2020, 09:50 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL

so......

that little green table... my dad came home one day from the scrap yard with one... do you remember what vehicle it was from? Lol[/QUOTE]

Honda CRV sir Gotta be older ones as they did away with them after like 06 or so. I have like 6 of them, perks of working in a salvage yard lmao

As far as securing them, they've been stacked up on the back porch right beside the new rack for well over 2 years, no issues yet. The back yard faces the woods and the woods wrap all the way around, so there's no way of even seeing them unless you were to actually walk all the way around the house and into the back yard. I considered running a chain with a pad lock through the wheels and locking them tight to the rack which itself probably weighs 50-60 lbs, but locks never stop a despite thief... But yeah it really depends on the area I think. Around here, I think I'm fine
​​

Old 06-25-2020, 06:10 AM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road
Default Front Brakes

Replaced the front calipers, rotors and pads. I should have done the front hubs to fix my ABS sensor problem but finances being the way that they are..you know.

regards

Last edited by donald_archer; 06-25-2020 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:17 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road

Recently fabricated a winch* mount for the winch* my son took off of his truck. (He upgraded to a little bigger one.) We got it put on and hooked up today. It's kind of ironic because it was originally bought for his first Blazer but it got wrecked before we got it put on so it was put on his truck when he got it. Now, a couple of years later it's finally on a Blazer like it was intended to be.

Yes, it's off to the left on purpose so that the cable is centered. Besides, that gives him a nice step for reaching/climbing under the hood.

Last edited by Brian K. Balzer; 06-27-2020 at 11:31 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 06-27-2020, 12:46 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Prepped the back of my Blazer for taking out the cargo area carpet. I am intending to replace it because of some old damage that I suspect might have been battery acid that was spilled on it that has gradually caused a loss of fibers and then last weekend spilling about a quart of oil on it.

I got the interior panels off with one of those trim tools (which worked great) and then used a spray on de-greaser and my wet-dry vac to clean up some of the oil so to keep the truck from smelling like oil. I learned that the OEM carpet has a rubber-like backing. This means that the layer of jute underneath was not soaked in oil. With scrubbing in and vacuuming out the de-greaser I got just about all of it out.

I think I'll still order the new carpet once I get the sample swatches to check the colors. But it was nice to discover that the foundation for the carpet was water and oil proof and that the carpet could be cleaned with steam cleaner.

I was also able to get a look at the access, or lack of access, for mounting the external spare tire carrier I have.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:47 PM
Jimmybuild is on a distinguished road

Full custom interior swap. One off panels and nice quality paint. Also installed euro tail lamps.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran

That looks really good... I like how its panel, easier to clean.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:00 PM
Jimmybuild is on a distinguished road

I love it. Since it is a 1996 jimmy with a 98 blazer front end conversion i am Going to run the 98 in grill fog lights to one of the switches on the console and some hidden exterior lights from the other one.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:20 PM
BF Veteran

Now that's a great idea!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?