General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 06:59 PM
Billy1820 is on a distinguished road

Installed a high pressure power steering pump and an underdrive crank pulley. Finished things off with a green stripe belt

Old 07-21-2020, 02:51 AM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Replaced my broken original grill with a boneyard find of the same-ish color. Totally worth the $25.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:43 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Drove it home finally from the mechanics! Going to get the summer put on her tomorrow and take an up to date pic. Wife go the plates put on her sonoma today, so we are back in our own vehicles again!

Old 07-23-2020, 08:51 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

My new Spyder tail lights came in today.

Got excited because I planned on fitting them with LED's this weekend and installing them, finally ridding the Blazer of the chrome ones that match NOTHING ELSE on the rest of the vehicle lol.

Pulled them out of the box, one of them is broken...

Sure I could glue it back on probably and use it, but they're brand new, I shouldn't have to...

So waiting on the eBay seller to make the next move...

Old 07-23-2020, 08:56 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Those look super close to the same ones I just put on mine

Old 07-23-2020, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

That sucks!! I HATE opening a nee product to find it broken... hope it ends well.

put on my not finished summer rims, because life as a busy man and all, but still happy with the look lol. Wifes got a friend over so doing an outdoor movie on the fence, so set up the vehicle for a kiss, and the kids can sit in the back of the sonoma and watch the movie.

His and hers

From inside the tent trailer, against the fence. Screen is about 6'x4'

Old 07-23-2020, 09:35 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

I really like the black hood. I’ve been trying to find a Jimmy hood for my blazer but was only able to find the black but wasn’t sure how it would look. Now I know to grab one

Old 07-26-2020, 07:23 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

I am addressing the oil leak where the crank sensor nut pulled out of the garbage composite timing cover. Since the the tie rods and wheel hubs have to come over will reinstall with new ones.

Behind a couple days so....

Thursday- Drain the oil and water. Pull the Radiator and battery for better access, Also took of two skid plates, radiator cover, and the belt. Have to sort out the parts order but things are due to at my house by Aug 3rd.

Friday get good news and bad news my wheel hubs have shipped and will arrive Monday. The tie rods are delayed shipping on August 12th. Always good to have a back up plan can use existing tie rods.Pull water pump, break hub nuts loose and them jack up truck and drop off the wheels. Had to work late so not a bad recovery.

Saturday: They heat is here but have things to do so work in the afternoon, Get the brakes off and labeled for a possible delayed reassembly. Also get wheel hubs off so not a bad day as I am missing some of my tools so spent searching for them.

Today again hotter than yesterday. actually was sweating laying on my garage floor! got the steering knuckles out with tearing up ball joints or tie rods which meant going a little slower Got stuck trying to get the driver side CV shaft out but after two hours of frustration and swearing decide to advance in a different direction. Passenger CV shaft comes easy and the tie rods and center link are removed in one piece. The driver side CV is addressed again and in a momentary brain fart create a two piece CV shaft. Part of which is stuck in the differential. Pre treat differential hardware with penetrating lube or panther **** as one of my high school teacher called it.

Tomorrow attack the diff and the 4 1/2" grinder with cut wheel is standing by.

Each day will have a goal and just keep moving forward. Need the truck for a 10 day trip from KC to Montana and back in September. Should include the Morrison Jeep Trail.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:08 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Easiest install EVER! I put my new cargo mat into the back of my Blazer. I got it from Lloyds. (https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/) Now that my rear carpet looks nice, I wanted to protect it.

This pattern has lots of little pockets to fill up with anything that is spilled on it. I wanted something that didn't have lip on it like the Weather-Tech ones so that I could slide things all the way forward.

It has little nubs on the side that faces the carpet so it won't move around. I was also able to get some raw material so that I can make a custom mat for the back of the front seats and filler panels when they are down. The guy I talked to at Lloyds was super helpful.

BTW, the thing in the big red bag is my telescope I was using to look at the comet. Yes, I am a proud Nerd-Girl! LOL

Old 07-28-2020, 08:17 PM
Billy1820 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
BTW, the thing in the big red bag is my telescope I was using to look at the comet. Yes, I am a proud Nerd-Girl! LOL

Nice! Did you happen to catch Jupiter and Saturn. Nice views of both in the early evening sky. A caught a nice view of four of Jupiter’s moons a couple nights ago

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?