General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 12:59 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

How long have you had them?

Old 09-13-2018, 03:28 PM

Repaired the center console armrest which had a broken latch pin. Amazing what Velcro can fix.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-unnamed.jpg  
Old 09-13-2018, 04:38 PM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road
Default spark plug removeal 2000 blazer

rust bucket #2,removed 3 on left side...center one looked cracked from previous install???....might use a piece of rubber hose to get the one behind the shalt started,,,no i didnt diconect the steering

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-002.jpg  
Old 09-13-2018, 06:04 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
How long have you had them?
Only a few months....got them from the man mall. I had a terrible problem with these type.. The halogen bulbs always melted them. Had this same exact pair, but smoked, and they melted after 6 months or so.
I switched to LEDs and have not had that problem.
Keep an eye on them. You'll notice the inner "cups" starting to turn opaque at the top if you are having heat problems. Doesn't happen on all blazers... I'd say it's a 50/50 chance.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:20 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Prepped and packed the Blazer for a 3 hour drive to the father's tomorrow, spending the weekend with him for his birthday.

Realised I literally have 3 on board GPS navigation units, not including my phone...

Garmin on the far left, iGo in the rear view mirror, and Google Maps with the Android double din. If I EVER get lost, I have some series issues...

Old 09-13-2018, 08:27 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
I had a terrible problem with these type.. The halogen bulbs always melted them. Had this same exact pair, but smoked, and they melted after 6 months or so.
I switched to LEDs and have not had that problem.
Keep an eye on them. You'll notice the inner "cups" starting to turn opaque at the top if you are having heat problems. Doesn't happen on all blazers... I'd say it's a 50/50 chance.
This is common with a lot of aftermarket tail lights on various vehicles actually. When I got mine brand new, I had them almost 2 months before I ever installed them because my LED's took forever to come in and I wasn't about to risk it with regular bulbs because I knew what would eventually happen...

BUT, with LEDs in them, mine have faired perfectly fine other the last 4 years or so.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:53 PM

What led's are you using? I might as well replace the existing lamps while the tail light assemblies are new. Did you have to install a flasher relay for the turn signals? If so which one?

Old 09-14-2018, 08:11 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Just got done winching a pizza delivery guy out from a mud hole that for some UNGODLY reason thought an overgrown trail with a "no trespassing" sign at the beginning of it was someone's driveway...
Got his little Kia about a 1/4 mile down the trail before swamping the little front wheel drive in a water filled mud hole. HOW he didn't suck in any water is beyond me...
Tried to dead pull him but just spun. Actually had to unreel the winch and tug him out.
Worked great!
Then he attempted to back out and within 30 seconds was off to a ditch on the side, stuck again...
Reeled out the winch, pulled him out, and he attempted to back out again...
aaaaand was back into the same ditch AGAIN within 30 seconds...
Pulled him out AGAIN, and this time he managed to back the rest of the way out.
and somehow take down the "no trespassing" sign on the way...
video incoming... it was quite an amusing situation lol
I'm not usually a big fan of lifted trucks with large tires - but for some reason I really like the looks of your front end with the black brush guard and chrome winch tucked in underneath. Looks really good to me!

Old 09-14-2018, 08:31 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

I pulled a set like yours, too, Blazen. I now have 4 sets of taillights .. Just in case. Ha
Golfaddict, you can run LEDs in your reverse lights and license plate lights without a mod.
I tried ordering an aftermarket LED flasher relay, but didn't have luck with it. So I did the free mod (search the forum for 'LED flash relay') and haven't had any problems. Only downside to the free mod is that when you have a light out, the relay won't tick really fast to let you know. So you just have to check them every once and a while.
I keep spare bulbs with me.. .Another one of my 'just in case' s.. Lol
I used Sylvania Zevo LEDs. Work great, really bright. But Blazen has a killer set up with tails. Might be more than you'd like to attempt, though.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:51 AM
Starting Member
dragoon1101 is on a distinguished road
Default Not to much.... Just LS swapped and dual exhaust

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?