General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 05:16 PM
Starting Member
bravo99 is on a distinguished road

I reeeeeally hope that's not the hot side lol... I melted one of those a few weeks ago against my pony motor block on my sweeper truck trying to hold my broom up because the lift failed.

Old 09-03-2020, 05:59 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bravo99
I reeeeeally hope that's not the hot side lol... I melted one of those a few weeks ago against my pony motor block on my sweeper truck trying to hold my broom up because the lift failed.
it's the butt end of the cat, aftermarket muffler, just a small guy...

perfect time to test my welding skills..................

Old 09-04-2020, 08:46 AM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road
Default Lucky you!

Originally Posted by DonL
Swapped drivers side control arm for the right rough country arm... drivers side handles better... need to finish passenger side and idler arm.

and then driving home from the mechanics, this happened.... I swear she wants me to sell her...

At least you had something to go to to tie it up. The last exhaust I had drop on me was in my 78 T-Bird. I ended up having to stick a long crowbar under it, wedged on the frame on one side and then pulled up with a strap on the other.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:44 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Brought home goodies from the junk yard. 3 day weekend, this sob WILL be running before it's over lol

Old 09-04-2020, 06:10 PM
Billy1820 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Brought home goodies from the junk yard. 3 day weekend, this sob WILL be running before it's over lol

Nice find!
Would you believe, there are zero junk yards around here anymore. I’d have to drive 100+ miles out of state and into Pennsylvania to find one.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Billy1820
Nice find!
Would you believe, there are zero junk yards around here anymore. I’d have to drive 100+ miles out of state and into Pennsylvania to find one.
Well I see one every day, I work at an LKQ here in Florida lol. That's how I ended up finally bringing this one home. I was trying to wait for a core motor to come in that I could ****** the intake off of, then I wouldn't have to worry about it opening a giant hole in the top of the motor and possibly letting garbage fall in and messing up the motor. Any other time I'd be tripping over 4.3's... But we haven't had a single one in the last two weeks (aside from the 2010 4.3 that I tried to see if the intake would work...)... Finally I got with the boss man and got his go-ahead to pull one off a good motor. So I pulled the motor off the shelf, cleaned it up before I even started, pulled the intake off, and then taped up the valley and all the holes in the heads to keep crud out

I also snagged both sun visors with good mirror flaps, and the computer out of the same 04 Blazer. I've been wanting to play with LS-Droid and some open source PCM software to play with some settings in one of the 411 computers, I just don't want to try it to my only one and brick it lol

Old 09-05-2020, 05:40 PM
Starting Member
bravo99 is on a distinguished road

Bravadafly Kisses...COVID Edition🤭😘 Mmmwah!!! aka Kroger antics.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:12 PM

Got the pig thrown back together and running, finally, after sitting in the driveway for 2 weeks lol

New intake gaskets and all the O-rings that go with it, new thermostat, new valve cover gaskets (don't think they were leaking, but they came in the intake gasket kit, so why not lol), swapped the spider for one with less mileage, it got an oil change, and a full coolant flush (down to removing and cleaning out the overflow tank) and conversion to green antifreeze. Even threw on some MSD plug wires that I've had kicking around in the garage for a little while and just never took the time to install lol.

SO glad that is over with...

Old thermostat was stuck wide open, which I suspected because for a while now the truck hadn't been getting up to full operating temp...

I pointed out to the wife that there was an inch of water in the driver's headlight, and mentioned how I need to get my new custom projector headlights built and installed asap...

She says "why don't you just drill a hole in it and drain it?"... don't know why I didn't think of that, I mean they're about to get replaced anyhow, so what's it matter that there's a hole drill in it lol.

So I drilled a hole and let the blinker fluid out

Old 09-05-2020, 08:38 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Yay always hate when it’s just sitting

Old 09-05-2020, 08:43 PM
Jimmybuild is on a distinguished road

got pulled over Friday for a roadside safety. I guess the big tires and loud exhaust got some attention. They finally clued in i had no cat.....thank god they gave me 24 hrs to repair...so in short the trucks a little quieter now but better then the fine.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?