General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 05:12 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Nothing big. Discovered that the strap for the muffler hanger had rusted through so today I removed the loose part of the strap and wrapped it and the hanger bracket with three hose-clamps daisy-chained together. I figure that'll get me through the winter until I can do a proper replacement for the part.

Old 12-11-2020, 10:14 AM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road
Default Emergency repair

Good Morning, This morning I went to go out and the blazer would not come out of park. The shifter was "free wheeling" on the column and would not go into any gear.. My first thought was that the cable in the column had broke would have been really bad news.

Had to have her towed to my local garage. The head mechanic has owned 5 blazers at one time or another and knows them inside and out. He got underneath and the cable had come loose from the shifter linkage on the transmission. The ball that fits into the socket on the cable was no longer there just a 3/4 inch pin . The part was replaced and things are now good to go

Regards

Don

Old 12-11-2020, 11:07 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by donald_archer
Good Morning, This morning I went to go out and the blazer would not come out of park. The shifter was "free wheeling" on the column and would not go into any gear.. My first thought was that the cable in the column had broke would have been really bad news.

Had to have her towed to my local garage. The head mechanic has owned 5 blazers at one time or another and knows them inside and out. He got underneath and the cable had come loose from the shifter linkage on the transmission. The ball that fits into the socket on the cable was no longer there just a 3/4 inch pin . The part was replaced and things are now good to go

Regards

Don
I love it when solutions are easy! If it had happened to me, it would have sucked because it is snowing out and I would have wanted to try to fix it myself. LOL

Old 12-11-2020, 02:28 PM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
I love it when solutions are easy! If it had happened to me, it would have sucked because it is snowing out and I would have wanted to try to fix it myself. LOL
There is about 2 inches of fresh ice and snow here which is the reason for the tow.
I do like that it was a simple fix

Old 12-19-2020, 12:33 PM
Starting Member
bravo99 is on a distinguished road

I had the cat replaced on the Bravada this week and went "Christmas shopping" at the local Parts yard. I found a ZR2 with a tire carrier but the latch was jacked and a brand new spare tire was lug locked on with no key. can't get the tire off and can't get the gate open not as usable as desired ... also found a rougher Trailblazer tan and pewter interior seats but afraid they would not clean up well enough. and the driver seat had more buttons than mine. Instead grabbed three gas caps 2 third lights and my Oldsmobile radio buttons that were missing on mine. still debating the Trailblazer seats lol.

Old 12-19-2020, 12:38 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

I would take the seat and try to deep clean them if not still seat covers

Old 12-19-2020, 09:49 PM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hadyss
I would take the seat and try to deep clean them if not still seat covers
you can use the seats, all Blazers iirc have the same harness underneath the carpet, up to and including memory/power lumbar/heating.

Old 12-20-2020, 03:02 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I started the Blazer up to keep the battery topped off and got about a foot of snow off the windshield with a broom. I won't be driving it for awhile as I had surgery about a week ago on my right foot/calf. Nothing like getting a bunch of snow in a walking boot at 15 degrees.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:56 AM
Starting Member
03jawja is on a distinguished road

Got a Ford escape for a week, thought it would be nice to do work on the blazy. Fuel pump(pita), vacuum lines, camshaft sensor, copper cap and rotor, throttle body cleaning, exhaust repairs, and rear brakes

need new bumpstops bad lol

Old 12-20-2020, 05:02 PM
Starting Member
03jawja is on a distinguished road

Finally got it out

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?