General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 03:44 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Got the lights off e-bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT Sticks on with double sided tape. Mine is stuck on the bottom edge of the headlights. Unfortunately they reflect off the bumper in the dark so this picture is not quite what you see for real. In daytime all you see is a black line at the bottom of the light. I'll take a close up in the morning.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:49 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CNYCountryKidd
How the heck do you still have 1/2 a tank? I go through a full tank avg. about 220 miles.
I dunno, but I did. It wasn't completly full, but the needle was above the full line. Drove from Charleston to Summersville then over to the new river gorge and then to Beckley and back to Charleston. Plus drove it high rpms in 2nd gear crawling up the straight up roads from the bottom of the gorge to the top. Alot of backroads driving and interstate. Like I said the gear swap from 3.42 to 4.10 with my tires has made my truck even better than it was when I bought it!

But if it helps, it dropped pretty quickly after that half tank remark...

BTW what I did to the blazer today was lay about 3 layers of that sponge/foam weather stripping you find in the automotive department on my flattend old seal around the back glass to stop the leak(s). So far so good.

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 06-07-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:46 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Finished masking my wheels. Took four days, gosh. First coat of primer on.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:51 PM
nit8690 is on a distinguished road

Well I got up at about 8 this morning and decided is was about time for my yearly spring clean up of my blazer. My blazer is out in the driveway way shaking, I spent way to much time touching it haha, i wouldnt be surprised if it calls the cops on me for molestation haha. yeah I am tired I need to go back to bed not. So anyways I took it over to the car wash and used the nice fancy hi pressure washer to clean off the all the mud it had on it. sprayed it for for about 20 mins then I vaccumed it out once I got back home I acually washed it using soap. the soap thing at the car wash here is crap. hand dried the truck then waxed the whole truck every square inch. used some mothers polish to clean up the wheels of all the brake dust and gunk on them. then finished the whole thing job with armor all the interior...its clean and shiny and looks so so nice its about 5 here now so a full 8 hours of work but seeing that old girl that clean and nice looking is worth it...until the next time I drive it then it all goes down the drain haha

Old 06-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Check my oil, trans and power steering fluids. Then I check the radiator and I find that Im low on dex cool and everything is gunked up. Dropping the truck off to the mechanic to do a complete flush and change the thermostat.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:21 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Changed out the license plate frame?... didn't do much though. Did place an order for a few thing for the blazer from JCwhitney. I'll post up when they get here/get installed.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:33 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Hit 190k. Felt the need to share that with you all.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

My blazer is going in for repairs today. Yesterday on my way home from work I started to smell coolant so I pulled over and noticed coolant coming from the drivers side. So I get home and it started leaking from the middle of the radiator as well. I checked the hoses and neither one was wet. Hopefully the bottom of the radiator didn't crack.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:13 PM
DoubleSh0t is on a distinguished road

I installed my new tail lights and shot the video for my LED signals. See my thread here https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/led-signals-new-tail-lights-45512/#post336663

Old 06-08-2010, 10:23 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

I must give credit where it is due. With that being said, Benedict1337 gave me the inspiration (and his blessings) to mount a rear spare tire carrier on my Blazer. So $25 and @3 hours of my day was spent doing just that. Thanks Benedict! Maybe tomorrow I will wash the mud off of it.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-0608101759-00.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-0608101800-00.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?