General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 09:42 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

I got some estimates on how much it would be to repair the rust on my door, fender flares and rear quarter panels.

It's not looking good

Old 07-01-2010, 09:57 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Sold my Ram Air hood for my blazer.... Guy who bought it had a kick **** Nova.... and an IROC camaro.... and two blazers.... and a full size dually......

Old 07-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Beginning Member
CTYankee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RangerG
I think everyone was told that it would dent and wreck your quarter panel.

It took Benedict to get inventive and decide to test it out. I'm glad he did, those 4 doors with tire rack looks good!
There is the possibility of it putting a dent in the panel where it attaches, mine did! But, take with a grain of salt, I have a much larger and heavier tire on there then it was designed to hold. There is a dent forming and in the year I have had the bigger tire back there the swing-arm is begining to sag some. With that said, I wouldn't change it, just like the look of that big tire on the back-end of the truck

I'm sure there would be some way to re-enforce the mount/arm, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:13 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Pics of my engine and the numbers.

The second pic is blurry... but it says G157

And I'm getting a new cam, the one I have is too high performance for daily street use. But I'm gonna keep it and maybe put it on in a few years.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Beginning Member
CTYankee is on a distinguished road

Replaced the transmission mount , found that the engine mounts are busted !

Old 07-02-2010, 11:09 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

ChevyBlazerChick, that engines lookin' purty. Maybe some thin black lines on the pink parts would be cool I think. Almost look like pinstripes on a suit. Looks great! And too big a cam?... never heard that one before lol.

Replaced the Jerry rig battery terminals with actual extended battery terminals. Jerry rigged being two long bolts with a nut . Also pulled the factory alt to batt + wire and cleaned up the wiring some. And resanded down the frame where my big 3 grounds are at cause I didn't think it was good enough the first time.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Changed the oil and rotated the tires on the Rainier.

I also picked up my new-to-me camper today!! Its a 2003 Starcraft Trailstar 19CK that we picked up pretty cheap! The Rainier definitely knows its back there, but it handles it quite well.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:02 PM
JeremyG is on a distinguished road

Tore out the interior and removed the cap! See "Builds" section "Project BAB' for TONS of pics!

Old 07-03-2010, 06:07 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i put 60 gallons of water in the Blazer today-on purpose! 'cause i know some smart *** in gonna ask which river i tried to cross (it was a sponsor's donation for our car show tommorrow).

also used the cargo area of the Blazer as a work station/shady retreat today as i fixed brother #3's crapy Malibu (front brakes & idler pulley).
his car's idler pulley had the bearing seize Thursday night as he was coming down from (just North of) Parry Sound. it tossed the plastic pulley right off the bolt when the bearing heated up (the bearing & the bolt stayed on the bracket) and made it down to Cookstown (about 160km/100 miles) before it completely siezed & ripped the belt off the engine.

guess the aftermarket guys figured that issue out, 'cause the new pulley (with bearing) is steel.

nothing like working outside in the driveway when the Sun is blazin' in the sky. (why don't we have a smilie guy that's melting, to go with our frozen dude?)

Old 07-03-2010, 10:29 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

^Maybe cause you should've brought a tarp and backed the blazer up to the malibu and drap it overhead for some shade... j/k but that's what I normally do. Or a fan on a extension fan, I sweat in a warehouse all week I avoid it as much as possible on the weekends!

Scuffed the tow hooks up, sprayed them with undercoating and bolted them back on the blazer. Picked up a distro block so I can go ahead and redo my ground for my amp.

Oh, picked up a 9 piece standard and 11 piece metric Craftsman deep well socket set(s) for $30! They look almost like new, and ofcource they are for the blazer. Flea markets FTW!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?