General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:50 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

That looks awesome, CT!

I installed my HIDs, and Vacuumed the interior. Need to wash it eventually.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Beginning Member
CTYankee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Did you make that bar? That thing is sweet looking!
Unfortunately, no I didn't make it, not that mechanicaly inclined .

But, it wasn't that difficult to fabricate, I gave the guy at a local metalshop what I wanted and he had it knocked out in a couple days. Took a while to get it powder coated though, almost a week. Basically it is just a couple pieces of 1" tubing and some flat 1/8" metal for the feet and the tabs that the lights are mounted to. He also made me a switchbox for all the switches to fit in and another piece of flat metal that will connect between the two center lights for the CB antenna.

For less than the price of buying a name-brand pair of feet and simple rod between them, I got a rock-solid mount that also protects the lights from any low-hanging obsctacles! Now, just have to get it all wired-up and it will be even sweeter. Dread drilling a hole in the truck and trying to remove all the interior trim that will be needed in order to get it all wired-up.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:57 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

^ awesome. It looks good and tough!

As for me. Plugs and wires went on today! Truck runs smoother on the feet.

Oh and as for plug 3. HAHAHA I love my ZR2! I had no problems with any plug!

Old 07-15-2010, 10:33 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zedartwo
^ awesome. It looks good and tough!

As for me. Plugs and wires went on today! Truck runs smoother on the feet.

Oh and as for plug 3. HAHAHA I love my ZR2! I had no problems with any plug!
Haha!

Mine will be getting the same treatment very shortly. What plugs did you use?

Old 07-16-2010, 12:18 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

nice work on the light bar/CB mount CT.

luvin' the light covers.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

today I changed the plugs wires, distributer and rotor. Which leads me to ask, what the hell is an easier way to get to the #3 spark plug. I had to pull up the steering shaft to get to it. That took forever and hurt like hell. So is there a easier way to get to it? The method I chose at first was going from behind the tire (take the tirew off and then get to it fromt here) which resulted in some cussing and busted knuckles. Then I tried from above which resulted in smashed fingers then i finally gave up and pulled the steering shaft up and had just enough clearance to get to it.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Beginning Member
Hezzu is on a distinguished road

Having a smoke with the wifey out in the garage when she notices oil under my Blazer.
Had to replace the remote oil filter mount and the cooling lines.
Lucky the inlet and outlet lines were fine tho. (damn those lines are expensive)
called the dealer as they are dealer only parts, and priced out at about $430. God bless the parts guy Robert. He put in discounts for me and I came in under $350.
Every once in a while someone renews my faith in the kindness of people.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:11 PM
nit8690 is on a distinguished road

I finally got around to getting a K&N air intake for my blazer I put it in this morning. I know that the power increase it will give I wont notice but it deffinatly chagned the pithc of my engine so it gives me the satisfaction I want haha

Old 07-16-2010, 11:03 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RangerG
Haha!

Mine will be getting the same treatment very shortly. What plugs did you use?
It was soo easy!

I had to use Champion for now. Just copper something or other. For now ONLY! Im gonna do the cap rotor and plugs and wires when I have more money in all AC Delco. The only Delco dealer closes at 4:30 everyday. Well I'm not done work till 5:30 so thats a no go.

For the $60 it will do the trick for now!

Old 07-17-2010, 08:41 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Not what I have done but what I am going to need to do. I heared a knocking sound from the front end this AM after getting coffee, checked found a broken sway bar link. I think I am thinking disconnectable links. I guess I will be checking threads for info. I think after almost 15 years it is ok for the pin to break. You really can not ask for more then that.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?