General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 04:31 PM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

Today got the lower control arm bushings replaced. Not really as bad as expected. See my writeup in the suspension and steering section.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:26 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by UberFail
you gotta have ur vehicle inspected every 6 mths? that's brutal!
Sad but true! First 6 years it's once a year, thereafter every 6 months.

Last edited by kiwiblazer; 11-29-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:27 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

wow kiwi, another reason i love the "GREAT" state of Michigan haha.

for me, lets see.

since tuesday, i have driven it, 295 miles to the northern Michigan (lower peninsular still), 200 miles while there, 300 miles back home, oil changed today, looked good still, tire rotation, cleaned the interior, and reconnected my remote amp **** back up.

so, 795 miles in 5 days, oil change, tires rotated, and interior work. i'll take a picture tomorrow of the outside that i need to clean still

Old 11-29-2010, 07:46 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have time for anything anymore, lol!

Finally got the time to replace my front brake pads. Spent last weekend fixing moms car. She called me about a coolant leak and it was bad... Replacing the thermostat, thermostat housing and the housing cap. All 3 of those were damaged and it was losing alot of coolant in short drives, ha ha. But that's a ford...

Hopefully fixing oil lines this weekend and starting on overhauling the new front carrier.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

well today i took my truck to the car wash and forgot the picture of the dirty shot. also ordered a new power supply plug for my ipod adapter and the trim piece for my radio

Old 12-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Beginning Member
BLOND1WD is an unknown quantity at this point

Today Blaze will get a good wash! This week she got new door hinges and rear shocks and is riding nice and quiet!

Old 12-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Electrode is on a distinguished road

Had it towed to the shop this morning. Headlights, interior lights, rear window release and fuel pump all dead. No blown fuses so I'm pretty much stumped. Seeing as I haven't heard from them yet, it probably wasn't trivial for them either...

Old 12-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I replaced all of the bulbs in the HVAC control module for my Tahoe today. Took some pictures of the process so I can make a how-to. Won't be exactly like the s-series stuff, but close enough so that if someone wants to do it, they'll be able to.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Beginning Member
PHELAN is on a distinguished road
Default I'm hooked!

Currently I have 172,328 miles on a 1994 full size 4wd blazer Sport(if that matters).

So far I ran a 1/3 of a can of Seafoam through the engine(brake booster not in the crank case.)...lots of smoke. Then drove it like I stole it for about 10 mins! Removed and cleaned the throttle body(and of course replaced it). It had a wonderful varnished patina prior to cleaning. Now shiny brass and nothing sticks! Then I replaced the spark plug wires(original from the factory from '94) and the spark plugs(about 100k on them) all to manufac. specs. All ACDelco. Nuthin fancy on the old girl yet. Then I changed the oil. After reading BTOG's oil primer I went to Penzoil's conventional 5w-20 from an unknown 5w-30.* I splurged and put a K&N HP-2001 oil filter on in place of a filter I have never heard of.** . I also sanded and painted the air intake cover/housing and replaced the air filter with a K&N. During the oil change noticed a bolt missing from where I believe the torque converter joins to the oil pan(where they meet not marry). S 9, s 91 or s 90 on the other bolt heads. I have to go check. Tightened the two manifold bolts that were loose(1/8 of a turn maybe a little more)

Before work:
-motor ticking
-sluggish throttle response. Sputtering acceleration.
-poor MPG
-oil pressure gauge around 20psi at idling at but getting 40psi dead on while driving. Been like that for as long as I can remember.
-Tiny oil pooling on manifold right under the Tbody. From the manifold bolts?

Results:
-She runs and souds ALOT better. No ticking!!!
-No check engine light after the work(or before).
-oil pressure situation remains
-no new oil on manifold...have to watch
-Have a few new cool tools
-I hate the #3 spark plug!

I think I might invest in a scan tool. See if there is anything not functioning I can actually fix. Anyone have a favorite? Maybe ask Advance if they'll check for me?

Going to attempt the brake pad and shoe change today. Front right is a squeakin'. Figure all around replacemnet would be best.

I am NOT a mechanic by any means but I really enjoyed this so far. Just basics.

*I used a oil change place. No garage to do the change and Just lazy!
** See above

Last edited by PHELAN; 12-05-2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: I really hate the #3 spark plug!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Beginning Member
rockrodent is an unknown quantity at this point

Last night, I changed the oil, installed a hand-crafted CAI, replaced my lower passenger ball joint, and last, but not least, put on a new PCV valve. Just gotta say thanks to all those who post the DIY tech articles, they've been saving me THOUSANDS of dollars over the past little while in what would otherwise be given to a mechanic.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?