General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 06:56 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dragoon1101
If your going to put it in a 4x4 get the dirty dingo engine mounts, Sanders headers and wiring harness from current performance is a plus. The H3 alpha oil pan bearly fit also had to put 3/8 spacers under the engine mounts. I have a 2.5 rough country lift and had to lenghend the driver drop bracket and added some spacers under the passengers drop plate to get the differential to clear the pan. We also took the transmission cross member and cut and flipped the mounting plate for the tranny mount to lift it about 1 1/4" to also help with clearance issues
Darn the RC lift, lol... seriously considering doing a SAS before the LS3 swap just to get that darned front carrier out of the way...

Old 07-29-2018, 10:57 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

I had family obligations so I didn't get as much done as I wanted but...

I was able to change the fluid in my non ZR2 blazer with the NV3500 and having a full trans and synthetic fluid made some changes.

The trans is eerily quiet now and the shifts seem smoother. It was about a 1/2 quart low as I was a bit shy of 1.5 quarts but had some splashing when I drained it.

I also had a spare door key made for the ZR2. The previous owner changed out the ignition and didn't have it keyed same as the doors. I need to get that sorted but a spare door key is easier for now.

The squealing in the front brakes went away today after 2 days. I am still going to pull the front wheels and do a through check. 10 days from leaving to head to the mountains so brakes are on the top of the list of things to work.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:15 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 2001ZR2
I had family obligations so I didn't get as much done as I wanted
This is me...everyday!

I did make it to the salvage yard, though. Picked up a double din bezel, from a '99 Bravada, for 10 bucks. (All this touchscreen chatter has given me the bug!)

Also grabbed a few grill inserts I found...guy gave them to me for free. Need cleaned up, then plastidipped. Picked up some glossifier the other day, so I'll test that out on these.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:12 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Finished installing my catalytic converter. It was much harder to do than I anticipated because the quality control on the part is not good. It came from Ultra Exhaust (ultraexhaust.ca ultraexhaust.com). The bung for the O2 sensor was in the wrong place and it came with an extra support bar (that I had cut off) and the other two were about an inch to two inches too long. I had shop cut a hole and weld on a new bung with the old one filled with an M18 1.5 oil drain plug.

Ran it for a bit tonight to get warm and then I'll check the bolts tomorrow.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:43 AM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

I did get the stero head installed from my Z2. Got stuck for while. Had to connect the wire labeled power antenna for the speakers to work. Think I bypassed the Bose amp so the speakers sound tons better.

Also found out the plug between radio brands isn't always compatible.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:02 PM
mallterrainhero is on a distinguished road

Did an ac delete by removing the center idler pulley and installing an 845k6 belt. Also changed the belt tensioner while I was in there because it shifted a tiny bit while the engine was running. I'm not paranoid, hold on, need my tin foil hat when i say stuff like that... ok, I'm not paranoid.

Old 08-03-2018, 06:27 PM
mallterrainhero is on a distinguished road
Angry

Front rotors and pads. New abs speed sensors. Abs still on.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:57 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Gave the front bumper a gloss black coat... from the semi gloss from before... hopefully start bondo and paint tomorrow.mostly just surface rust. No holes in the body yet.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:14 PM
Starting Member
awesomeamerican1 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Originally Posted by GreenBlazer2002
Those are the biggest jack stands I've ever seen
Custom built when I was in a welding course last spring. So far they haven't failed and crushed me to death Guess I had a decent teacher atleast...

Old 08-03-2018, 09:25 PM
BlazerSkins is on a distinguished road

Changed the driver's side door pins... now to find the detent pin since local parts store only had for full size trucks.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?