General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 10:48 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I watched it lol. Chris did most/all the work lol. New dist. Cap and JY MAF. Runs better than when I got it. I spun both tires from standstill lol. stillnot 100% but 1000x better than before.

Had it hooked up to a really good snap-on scan tool and it misfired all one side and random on the other. No wonder couldn't climb hills lol.

Plus I went to car heaven lol never had the walk around at a JY but I definitely know where al the blazers/jimmys/ s10/sonomas are lol.

Thanks for a good day Chris!

Old 01-06-2011, 01:39 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

[quote=ABN31B;394014]the X wing lights look cooler on your truck than i though. dark they rock, lit up, a lot cooler than i thought. nicely done.[/quote

Thanks

Old 01-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Replaced the three year old battery that left me stranded. If it would've turned the starter one more revolution instead of dying below 8 cranking volts I would've started! 88 dollar battery sheesh!

Old 01-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Starting Member
mrshaneb is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Silver00LT
Replaced the three year old battery that left me stranded. If it would've turned the starter one more revolution instead of dying below 8 cranking volts I would've started! 88 dollar battery sheesh!
You got off lucky, I had to pay $119 for mine.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:11 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Got a MAF sensor from the junk yard, Fixed some of my hesitation issues. Not bad for $18

Old 01-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Beginning Member
Hezzu is on a distinguished road

got a MAF from a guy parting out his blazer for $20. no more check engine light. new rear pads and rotors and one caliper on the LT. should get much better milage now. parking brake shoes and splash guards need to be replaced too. but has to wait till payday now. but still much better.
and on a sad note used it to take the dog to the vet and have him put to sleep today. :-(

Old 01-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

You guys been having a lot of MAF problems? I am removing my SRI to reinstall factory intake so I can put that SRI back on my MX-6 to give me a beater for work.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:44 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Put in a new Delphi fuel pump assembly after the stock pump finally quit on me after 197K miles and being a couple months over 10 years old. Not bad for the stock pump! Hope this one will last just as long.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I replaced the encoder motor on my uncle's '99 Sonoma w/ the NV233c transfer case today after diagnosing it as the problem last weekend. The new one didn't require a core charge so I tore the old encoder motor apart and am writing up a little article on it. His transfer case would not shift to 2HI, but would shift between 4HI and 4LO all day long. The problem ended up being a stripped section of gear inside the encoder motor.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pj5454302
Got a MAF sensor from the junk yard, Fixed some of my hesitation issues. Not bad for $18
I am having MAF issues too. Had some real bad hesitation and would not accelerate hardly at all when the accelerator was over 1/2 way down. Tried a MAF from a buddies truck and seemed to cure it. I will pick one up from a JY sometime this week. Been driving it with the MAF unplugged and it runs perfect.

I changed the oil in mine today. Valvoline Max Life 5w-30 and WIX filter. Seems to have better oil pressure than before but I have no idea what oil was in it since I got it on 12/24. Had to tighten a spark plug that was loose, it was giving me a tick at idle. Changed them all out last week for AC Delco's. Had some crap champions in it. Also cranked the T-bars up one full turn to level it out with the back. I need to get new tires anyway so will get an alignment done here shortly. Should be installing my shackles here in another week or so.

Snapped a pic of it today. It is dirty I know. Took this down by one of the boat ramps along the river.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-113_0004.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-113_0006.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?