General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 02:11 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

washed it up then parked it to dry out in the bright sun, taking the ranger out to do it next. both were some salty dogs! i always spray underneath real good too, sure i get a little wet, but i like to get as much of that salt off as i can.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Beginning Member
S10SUV is on a distinguished road

Actually managed to get the B****r started finally today! (Yahoo!)
Came to start it a week ago (it having been static for a week/10 days while I was over your side of the pond in FL) 'n it just wouldn't have it.
I knew petrol was getting though - I could smell it 'n the fuel system was pressurising. I didn't have the time then to start checking things through so had to leave it be and use the German oil-burner.
Since then I've been having a go at it after work, draining and recharging the battery 2X, so finally used my "Get me out of this fix" card and called the AA (same as AAA in US). Really nice young chap turned up 30 mins later as keen as mustard. He whipped out a plug and discovered that it was flooding, but despite his best efforts with Easy Start in the air intake filter it just wasn't playing, so I got my butane blow torch out and we cooked all the plugs, whipped 'em back in and turned her over.
Still the B****r wouldn't fire up, but did start to cough and splutter, so with his van hooked up my battery with some loooong jump leads he just kept turning it over and over and the coughing and spluttering got more promising and then finally she fired up propper and kept running! 1.5 hours later!
He said he had had a few problematic starters in his experience but mine was definitely a stubborn mule in comparison the others.
He was somewhat jubilant and pleased that it had finally started aa he was begining to doubt his diagnosis, but glad that he hung on in there and persevered to the bitter end.
He went away pleased as Punch - that made two of us. B^)

Old 01-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Changed the oil and washed it.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:32 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Drove the K5 around yesterday getting parts needed for the Hoe. An engine & front diff oil change were needed. The oil changes were easy! Mounting my 18" blue light on the roof, not so much... got it all done though.
18" blue light? Got pics?

Old 01-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It's the same 18" Federal Signal LED bar light I had on my Rainier. I had to fab up a new mount for it though. The ribs (reinforcements) molded into the roof sheetmetal were spaced such that I couldn't use the magnets/cups with them mounted directly to the light itself. Nothing a plate of aluminum, a jigsaw, and a drill couldn't fix!

The front rack mounts obscure it a bit from the side, but it is still quite visible. I couldn't go on the top of roof rack rail due to the height of the door into my garage...

Here's a cell phone picture from in my garage:

And that is on the Tahoe. I use my Whelen Dual Talon LED windshield light on my K5.
You can see both lights in this picture showing my old Rainier & the K5:

Old 01-23-2011, 09:22 PM
BF Veteran

Cool, but what are they used for, running lights, very high signals? Where are they on the K5, on the dash? I see something or a reflection of something on the dash. Nice fab work btw, looks good from what I can see - meaning I don't notice the plate at all.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i'm pretty sure Kyle's were for his FF duties, Tom.

me..........i blew the side out of my rad today!

not on purpose, and not really sure why, since it did it about 20 minutes after i stated driving.

really threw a wrench into my plans for the day.

of course it was -25* when it happened. and that was without the 11* windchill factored in!

gonna be a bitch tomorrow morning,that's for sure.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'm just picturing you driving down the country road and the side of the rad blowing through the fender...

Old 01-23-2011, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran

Omfg Chris, that has to suck like a hooker with a chipped front tooth!
Yeah I forgot about his vollunteer fire fighting, I was wondering WHY he'd need that set-up for pumps?! lol
Weather is out of the deep freeze here this week, still had the -43 BS earlier, but today was mild

On topic I got groceries & beer with my ride today, watched football - wtg GB & Pitts!!! (GB in the bowl btw!) Amazing the guy that heard my blazer start & looked back, then crossed the road even before I pulled out. Then looked back & checked it out again for w/e reason... then turned & looked again as I waited for traffic so I could pull onto the street.
Don't doubt it he turned again as I started up, turned & drove by... maybe it's the Wynjammer noise that make people wonder WTF?!

So I was just proud of my blazer today.

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-23-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:47 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by oktain
I'm just picturing you driving down the country road and the side of the rad blowing through the fender...

it wasn't that bad Pat.

haven't inspected it yet (that's for tomorrow morning) but it looks like it blew the top of the core or the front of the tank.

of course i have the same weather forcast for tomorrow.

good thing i don't mind the cold weather.

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Omfg Chris, that has to suck like a hooker with a chipped front tooth!
i wouldn't know Tom.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?