General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Beginning Member
KustomZ03 is on a distinguished road

I spliced back together the stock radio harness last night since the moron who owned the car before me decided instead of buying the proper aftermarket harness he was going to cut all the wires...smh. I bought a nice new headunit last night and the correct dash kit so hopefull after work I can go get the proper aftermarket harness and get everything installed. Its no fun singing to yourself...haha.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:42 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I assembled my roof light bar, now all I need is a nice day where I can install and power it up.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-001.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-002.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-003.jpg  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:39 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

cleared all the ice off it, drove down to a large church lot and tried out the new tires on ice. was neat to hit the brakes while having my head out the window and watch the front tires with the anti-lock brake action.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
I assembled my roof light bar, now all I need is a nice day where I can install and power it up.
does that bolt to the roof rack or the roof itself in front of the rack?

Old 02-02-2011, 11:31 PM
SmokeDogg is an unknown quantity at this point

well with in the last three weeks me and my buddy completly rebuilt the top half of the motor, since it was shooting the dreaded po3 code

Old 02-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

I had to buy a new tire. I had a 4 inch cut in my rear passenger side.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:38 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by theonetruetom
does that bolt to the roof rack or the roof itself in front of the rack?
I am going to set it so that it will bolt up to the rack with an additional bracket. This way it is removable. The lights will be about 9-10 inches in front of the forward most cross bar in the rack (I have 4 cross bars).

Old 02-03-2011, 06:16 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

well not today but last night.
cut my cat off

Old 02-03-2011, 02:45 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

started truck and instantly had ELECTRICAL FIRE SMELL!

the only thing i could find when i popped my hood was the plug for my blower motor was smoking pulled it out and it was smoking. and hot. i had immediatley shut off my truck. havent changed anything in and had no issues 4 days ago. now....the only thing i noticed was i had snow sitting all around the blower motor since our snowstorm really was strong. could my fan motor have toasted because water got in there? there was alot smoke inside the truck!!! and all my dash lights and radio are off but the fuse didnt blow. im stumped and this really really sucks.

i drove it just fine an d it has signals and brakes and headlights. and i got my driver and passenger side and windshield tinted today (had an appointment so i got it done) ughhhhhhhhhhh

Old 02-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Starting Member
98HeavyChevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chevytruckdood
started truck and instantly had ELECTRICAL FIRE SMELL!
Scary.

Wife had a burning plastic smell in her car this past year. No smoke or anything though. Just that horrid smell through the vent. Months later we finally figured it out though. She was going though a lot of windshield fluid and when I looked into it we found the hose melted in a few spots. Damn ford! lol

Today I seafoamed my Blazer and got info for those 2wd rims I want. Tomorrow I'll be at the local pick-a-part.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?