General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Starting Member
ctgjimmy is on a distinguished road

Old 02-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

scored some '00 2dr rear seats, gonna try and fit em in later today or tomorrow sometime.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Starting Member
98HeavyChevy is on a distinguished road

Installed the halo lights, new grille with clear marker lights, and had the new rims put on. Got tired of being snowed on, so I stopped for the day. Got more to do tomorrow.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:30 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by streblo
Im a fan of those lights as well, if only they were around when i got mine, similar though..

OH YA, and WHATSUP with the tire balancing weights???? on the outside of a black rim???...go stick on !!!!....................love the tires though
Not a big fan of stick on weights, plus I dont think they would like being submerged in watter one minute and roasting on the rocks the next, and than going threw deep soft sand.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:57 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Have you thought about counter balance beads?
http://www.counteractbalancing.com/c...dvantages.html
I have them & haven't had any issues.
The chart on the webpage is only a guide. They said for my application I needed 8oz in each tire, turns out I needed an extra 2oz for 10oz in each. Simple enough fix, just weighed out an 8oz bag into 4 equal parts.
For the $10/8oz bag it was worth it for sure & they always "auto balance" themselves.
No weights to get knocked off or take away from the looks of the tire/rim.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:30 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

ok... roof rack on.. hatch struts changed.... new door switches for front doors and rear hatch and hooked up rear door switches. mounted my scanner in a different place, mounted my radar detector.. mounted my gps mount. changed out my interior light bulbs and the 4x4 switch (hit it and it went right in 4wd first try !!!!) replace coolant resivour. replaced my mirrors. done i have to get some sleep before i have to go to work. ill post pics on my build page

Old 02-12-2011, 04:52 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Have you thought about counter balance beads?
http://www.counteractbalancing.com/c...dvantages.html
I have them & haven't had any issues.
The chart on the webpage is only a guide. They said for my application I needed 8oz in each tire, turns out I needed an extra 2oz for 10oz in each. Simple enough fix, just weighed out an 8oz bag into 4 equal parts.
For the $10/8oz bag it was worth it for sure & they always "auto balance" themselves.
No weights to get knocked off or take away from the looks of the tire/rim.

so all in all it cost u $50 to put that system in? (CAD too right?) this might just be an interesting thing for myself as it seems my tires (both car and truck) like to go out of balance quite easil,y due to my shatty driveway and them sitting on an angle all the time.

How did u figure out u needed an extra 25% weight in each tire?

Old 02-12-2011, 07:12 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

Installed front and rear speakers, and a head unit.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

Messed up the brackets on my new seats, figured out that it's easier to use the new brackets and change the seat belts out than it is to use the old brackets/seat belts. Had to run back to the parts yard and score a new seat bracket cause I screwed up the old one :/. And new seat belts, which I now get to figure out how to extend again :/

Old 02-13-2011, 12:00 AM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pj5454302
Not a big fan of stick on weights, plus I dont think they would like being submerged in watter one minute and roasting on the rocks the next, and than going threw deep soft sand.
Hmm, ive never had a problem so long as the surface was clean when they were stuck and the surface was not cold.......if anything i would think if they would let go it would be in -45 with wheels packed with snow.............I am intrigued with what rotti has suggested though

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?