General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Starting Member
98HeavyChevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
used her to drag my crap to my new 'temporary' residence. Separation,

opps did i say woot? I mean F*@%$#g Bull S$*@.

hence why i have missed a few days...
Congratulations...sorry to hear. Take your pick.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

This was yesterday but...installed new head unit. Mounted and ran CB wire/antenna. Not really liking where the antenna is mounted so will probably be changing the location in the future.

Saturday, installed new Rancho 5000 shocks and attempted to do the shackles. The Iowa winters has taken a toll on my truck as we could not get the damn bolts out to save our lives. Tried heating them, impact hammering them, drenching them in PB Blaster, nothing worked. Looks like I will be taking it to a shop to have them mess with it.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Starting Member

Wired in my grille guard off-road lights. was 48 degrees and kinda sunny when I started. Turned gray, got cold, and started raining half way in. I'm cold and wet. Pictures tomorrow.

Last edited by 98HeavyChevy; 02-14-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-14-2011, 11:18 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 98HeavyChevy
Wired in my grille guard off-road lights. was 48 degrees and kinda sunny when I started. Turned gray, got cold, and started raining half way in. I'm cold and wet. Pictures tomorrow.

funny, i had the same weather when i changed both fenders on my youngest brother's Jimmy last Spring.

PITA how quick & simple jobs can do that to ya, eh?

Old 02-15-2011, 05:45 AM
kinter614 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Longer02
Saturday, installed new Rancho 5000 shocks and attempted to do the shackles. The Iowa winters has taken a toll on my truck as we could not get the damn bolts out to save our lives. Tried heating them, impact hammering them, drenching them in PB Blaster, nothing worked. Looks like I will be taking it to a shop to have them mess with it.
do what i did use a block of wood to keep the leaf in place cut the old ones out and use a sledge hammer to pound out the bolts

Old 02-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
funny, i had the same weather when i changed both fenders on my youngest brother's Jimmy last Spring.

PITA how quick & simple jobs can do that to ya, eh?
Sucked really. It was gorgeous for February in NY, then the wind picked up. Next thing I know I'm being rained on and it's 35 degrees. I need a garage.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:18 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i lost almost a full reservoir of washer fluid this morning.

washer pump for the windsheild crapped out sometime between Thursday night & this morning. tested the plug, power was good, so the pump is fualty. figured i'd just swap the front & rear pumps for now.

why the hell did they make the plugs diffeent sizes?!!! it's not like you can accidently plug the rear one into the front washer pump, the wire is too damn short! so i had to switch them back for now.

#&$*~% engineers!

Sucked really. It was gorgeous for February in NY, then the wind picked up. Next thing I know I'm being rained on and it's 35 degrees. I need a garage.
gee, it sounds like you had a mirror image of the crap i had last year. started out @ 7*C (~45*F) and in 3 hours it dropped to -3*C (~27*F).

of course it had to rain like a mother before it got cold. but @ least the rain turned to snow.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Starting Member

i lost almost a full reservoir of washer fluid this morning.

washer pump for the windsheild crapped out sometime between Thursday night & this morning. tested the plug, power was good, so the pump is fualty. figured i'd just swap the front & rear pumps for now.

why the hell did they make the plugs diffeent sizes?!!! it's not like you can accidently plug the rear one into the front washer pump, the wire is too damn short! so i had to switch them back for now.

#&$*~% engineers!
So you have to spend more on replacement parts. It's a marketing strategy.

Later I'll be aiming the lights. Gotta go back to work tomorrow for the AM shift. Those 4 day weekends just fly by.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:04 PM
BF Guru

So you have to spend more on replacement parts.
oh, don't think i was gonna leave it like that.

i just didn't have a spare pump on hand, and just wanted to do that for today, while i was getting a replacement pump.

i can't stand having a dirty windsheild.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Starting Member

i can't stand having a dirty windsheild.
Same here. It's almost OCD behavior. My wife laughs at me for it.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?