General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 10:34 PM
nismo_2005 is on a distinguished road

Bedlined my rockers love the way it looks now

Old 02-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Starting Member
WhiteKnight99 is on a distinguished road

New Spark Plugs. It was cranking a long time before turning over, sometimes took two tries. I was told by the previous owner that it was because it needed a new fuel pump but I wanted to change the plugs first and sure enough that fixed the problem.

They were AUTOLITE Plugs!! except for one which looked like the original plug and that would make it 11 years old with over 137,xxx miles on it! In a 4300 Vortec. I was both amazed and annoyed by the automotive ignorance.

Last edited by WhiteKnight99; 02-20-2011 at 12:37 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 02-20-2011, 03:12 AM
Beginning Member
Fieldy is on a distinguished road

Parked it on my new drive... Looks comfy now!

Old 02-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Well today not much were its 8:30 in the morning. But last night it went on a 85 mile trip to see monster jam show.

Last edited by wheelhead4x4; 02-20-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

today: I *finally* finish my 50/50 seat swap. Laziness kicked in and I didn't get jack done for a week.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:40 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

shackle/torsion lift, new shocks, roof lights, mounted my hi lift to roof rack, instaleld and wired fogs, oil change. added a better cable between battery and alternator., h4 headlight conversion.....

Old 02-20-2011, 09:52 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

put some more miles on her last night.

which resulted in putting in $67.50 in fuel.

Originally Posted by ScottsdaleK5
Disappointed. Went to start sanding my dash only to notice that the fiberglass didnt stick there was only a couple spots it stuck the rest did not...now I'm back to where I started. Any suggestions you guys/girls have to fix my old dash or some how cover the metal that is under the dash pad in the truck to make it look nice?
first, that sucks about it not sticking. what exactly did you do to prep the surface of it? second, i sure hope you didn't remove the actual pad from the metal frame. the frame really follow the the final shape that well. there are a few companies that will fix your old dash pad (or take it in as a core).

i know what your original plans were for saving $$$ on getting a new one, but if you're fixing the body, like i've seen in a few of your other posts, then maybe it's worth the $170 for a new one. or you could try roughing up the surface better, but if it won't stick (which i can't really see why it wouldn't) then you've dropped close to the cost of a replacement already, and still don't have a good looking dash pad.

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight99

They were AUTOLITE Plugs!! except for one which looked like the original plug and that would make it 11 years old with over 137,xxx miles on it! In a 4300 Vortec. I was both amazed and annoyed by the automotive ignorance.
that's exactly what my thoughts were when i saw that pic.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Just topped up the tank 50 bucks later

Old 02-20-2011, 06:04 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i took out the system and spare tire, got 8 sheets of MDF on friday and took to the shop. Put $50 in saturday morning, drove to shop and did some errands, finished up the sub box which i then delivered to the customer. collected $250 for it. Then drove back to shop and did some work....

Today i drove it, did an oil change at the shop (again) and came home in 6 inches of snow. Put $10 in so i wasn't on empty anymore

Old 02-20-2011, 07:35 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

topped her up to the tune of $61 freakin dollars.... stupid canadian gas prices compared to the rest of the world that produces oil...

installed some "eurovision" brand HID's today, gonna see tonite how it looks on the drive to toronto - here's hoping i can actually see the road when i pass another vehicle coming towards me!

tomorrow? oh nothing really just plugs, wires, distro cap, and of course rotor... oh and depending on how Chris and i feel after, maybe trace down the 4x4 issue (hoping its just the transfer case vac switch and not a bunch of other stuff), and MAYBE just maybe 3 new u joints! least the motor should just be a purrin by the end of day lol.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?