General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:11 AM
wills-07 is on a distinguished road

going to measure to see if a grill guard i found for cheap will fit

Old 02-24-2011, 12:06 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MTopper
the envoy xuv has the 5.3L doesn't it?
Not all of em, but the one i got the alt had it.

The new alt works waaaaaaaaaaay better. I can have all my lights, and my efan on and the voltage barely drops below 14.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

After 2 hours of screwing around, I finally separated the spare tire from the underside of my Tahoe... Stupid secondary latch!

While I was under there, I serviced the rear diff (G80). We'll see if it starts acting right or if replacement is my only recourse.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:55 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

got my system installed!!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 07:06 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
After 2 hours of screwing around, I finally separated the spare tire from the underside of my Tahoe... Stupid secondary latch!

While I was under there, I serviced the rear diff (G80). We'll see if it starts acting right or if replacement is my only recourse.
i hate under-body stored spare tires, moved the one from the truck to the bed the day i bought it, took a while and ended up breaking off the hold-down bolt, if i had needed it alongside the road id have been out of luck. the 'blazer ive had the spare out and greased the cable, but the winch has a real "tight" feel to it and i may see about mounting it inside, id convert to a outside carrier but i hate the visability issue it causes and may make hooking up the trailer more difficult.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Starting Member
ScottsdaleK5 is on a distinguished road

Went around pricing metal to start building my custom front bumper with...best I got...$160 for 3/16 4x8 sheet...sound good guys? or am I getting ripped off....one place wanted $350 so for me that sounds good but what do you think?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:34 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

Old Skool u got me lol! i didn't go n check the new posts when i splattered that on this thread. i was tired and all from work, but at least it clarified this isn't for that kinda crap?

Old 02-24-2011, 09:59 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Nice, i think this is a project for me come spring..doesnst seem to always be engaging, but only noticed this in the colder than -25 weather so thinking cold/thick fluid might be a culperate.....will have to test out the g80 in warmer weather this spring and maybe service....that should just be a drain, clean, new gasket, new fluid job correct?..
Until then i will constanty second guess if its working properly or not and work on some of the other quirks and projects

As for what i did to the blazer today:
Pissed around with the ipod connected to the stereo, almost made an effort to trace down the short for the parking brake light, but looked at the temp (-20) and decided to come inside and talk about it instead
Also shopped a bit for some parts for the blazer/trailer

Old 02-24-2011, 10:17 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

glad i'm not the only one that has an issue with that system.

stopped to help an older woman that had a sudden blow out in her '06 TB the other day. after moving it down the road to a parking lot, i spent a good 90 minutes under it prying, lubing and cursing that anti fall latch.

never did get it. she told me to forget about it, and GM would have to mess with it.

was your latch stuck, or just really dirty Kyle?

Originally Posted by UberFail
Old Skool u got me lol! i didn't go n check the new posts when i splattered that on this thread. i was tired and all from work, but at least it clarified this isn't for that kinda crap?
nah, my bad. i was overly tired (didn't get to bed the day before) and just happened to notice that poster had thrown that same question up twice before.

so we're both sleep deprived. whoo-hoo!

Old 02-24-2011, 11:20 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Well in the 3 years ive owned it ive put off a tune up. Desperately needed. So I put new delco plugs in today. Along with a cap and rotor and 8mm wires from summit. Electrodes were almost gone. Runs amazing now. Even got a little more pick-up. Also ziptied my evap canister up so it wont fall off. Damn salt. Still dont know why they stuck that behind a drive wheel.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?