General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Just finshed putting in new guide pins, rotor for the rear passenger side. Plus new pads front an back. Now she stops with no metal on metal sound.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:12 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

got to looking for my radiator leak and found that the nut securing the lower engine oil cooler stem to the tank was loose, tightened with channellocks and sprayed things down with brakeclean, if im lucky i wont need a radiator after all, put a new fuel filter on, buy that was a pain, wouldnt think it would take 10 min,i bet i spent 30 when it was all said and done.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:58 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Just finished cleaning my K&N filter, ready for another spring/summer of service, did you know the filters are read because of the oil? I would upload a picture but I havn't quite figured out how on mobile yet...

Old 04-03-2011, 06:31 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by oktain
Just finished cleaning my K&N filter, ready for another spring/summer of service, did you know the filters are read because of the oil? I would upload a picture but I havn't quite figured out how on mobile yet...
lol typical male... I didn't know that until I read ALL the directions, not just the spray distance, timing etc. Yeah it's red so you can see where the oil is & the white/pale areas are what got missed so you can properly oil the filter & it does what it's supposed to.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:15 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

new serpintine belt and tensioner/ider assy. old tensioner was about to break, idler wasnt running "square" with the other pulleys. the new one however is at the stop, theres plenty of tension on the belt, but no room for belt streach. hope the belt doesnt streach much on me.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rottidog
lol typical male... I didn't know that until I read ALL the directions, not just the spray distance, timing etc. Yeah it's red so you can see where the oil is & the white/pale areas are what got missed so you can properly oil the filter & it does what it's supposed to.
I've recharged my filter a couple of time now lol, Read the instructions the first time... they've miraculously found their way into the "special filing cabinet" now

Old 04-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Starting Member
billbobagns is on a distinguished road

Just received my OBDLink from ScanTool.net. Came with free OBDwiz software. Under "onboard Monitors" I have a "fail" condition under Manufacture Defined $-2-0.

Can we get a list of "Manufacture Defined" monitors for Blazers?

Old 04-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I once again replaced the rivets holding the step supports to the rocker panel on my Tahoe. The aluminum ones barely lasted the winter. Now there are 316SS rivets with close to 3x the sheer & tensile strength in there and they only cost me $30 delivered from Grainger!

Originally Posted by billbobagns
Just received my OBDLink from ScanTool.net. Came with free OBDwiz software. Under "onboard Monitors" I have a "fail" condition under Manufacture Defined $-2-0.

Can we get a list of "Manufacture Defined" monitors for Blazers?
This isn't really the appropriate thread to ask this question in () and would likely be more appropriate in the Scantool.net user forum. I guess you get what you pay for though.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:49 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by oktain
I've recharged my filter a couple of time now lol, Read the instructions the first time... they've miraculously found their way into the "special filing cabinet" now
lol mine are in the same file... I believe it's at the landfill now.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:22 PM
vastick is on a distinguished road

I put a new catback exhaust on and took off the meaty mud/snow tires i had on and replaced them with street tire due to haven a 2 hour commute to work and gas prices going up also why ruin nice mud tires

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?