General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 08:14 AM
tri94bbc is on a distinguished road

One more attempt today at the fog light connection and heater blower replacement weather permitting...

Last edited by tri94bbc; 05-21-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: add a word
Old 05-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Beginning Member
BlazerBillyBob is on a distinguished road

I put in a throttle body spacer (Power Raid) and while I had everything opened up I cleaned the throttle body and mass air flow sensor. Pretty simple to do and things seem to run a little bit better now.

Next up, clean all the garbage out of it.

Last edited by BlazerBillyBob; 05-21-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:35 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BlazerBillyBob
I put in a throttle body spacer (Power Raid) and while I had everything opened up I cleaned the throttle body and mass air flow sensor. Pretty simple to do and things seem to run a little bit better now.

Next up, clean all the garbage out of it.
Nabbed it from OilCountry?

Today I replaced the rear window lift shocks so it will stop trying to take my head off. New shocks rule, it practically lifts itself. Lifetime warranty too.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:12 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

well i went to put my door handle on but only managed to get half s???faced on moonshine lol

Old 05-21-2011, 11:07 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by zr2dan
well i went to put my door handle on but only managed to get half s???faced on moonshine lol
Gotta hate it when that happens!

Only half, WTH? Must be cut to 40 proof!

I took the 14" fan out & replaced it with 2 12" fans - what a pita that was, my arms feel like I was playing tug-o-war with my rotti, all scraped up etc.
Changed the oil & now going full synthetic. Replaced the crappy old ballasts with new slim ones - no more flicker & hoping it stays lit when I start it. Easy way to remedy that was to flick the high beams on & off but thats a PITA.
Tomorrow will be cleaning out the interior & HEY I just realized we made it through May 21st - End of the World around suppertime so says the Christian broadcaster Harold Camping.

Wooo hoooo CHEERS! lol

Old 05-22-2011, 12:03 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Sold my blazer...... Sad day, I wanted to cry and I am not sure why.....

It was sad seeing her go....

Old 05-22-2011, 12:23 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by wlorton
Sold my blazer...... Sad day, I wanted to cry and I am not sure why.....

It was sad seeing her go....
OMG Will!
Perhaps it's because it has been a part of your life, your DD, something you've worked on, tweaked & made yours.
You're here because of your blazer, made some friends, lots of chat & information all because of the blazer.
I know the feeling my friend, I was sad seeing my '64 rambler ambassador 990 go down the street (my 1st vehicle btw). I actually walked out on the road & watched it drive away .

Hell my gf named my blazer lol, it's akin to a pet, part of the family. OK we both did, she called it a cranberry blazer & I thought she could not have picked out a gayer name so I modified it to CB . That being said - it's part of the family as I think yours was to you.

ummm my condolances?!

Last edited by Rottidog; 05-22-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:08 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Replaced the brakes at all four corners today.
The rears turned out to be a project, 3 of the 4 pins were frozen in place. Had to replace 2 and drill one out. Plus I had to grind the new pads mounting ears down so they would slide in the bracket.
Lubed up the hinge pins on all four doors too.

200,000 miles and still going strong.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:48 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Started on debadging the truck and realized Chevy used about 3 tons of goop under the side emblems. I don't have enough goo gone for this, I'm going to have to figure something else out.

Perhaps a rubber eraser wheel would be best.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:34 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Started on debadging the truck and realized Chevy used about 3 tons of goop under the side emblems. I don't have enough goo gone for this, I'm going to have to figure something else out.

Perhaps a rubber eraser wheel would be best.
Many have used fishing line in a see-saw motion with good results.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?