General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 08:27 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default ...

It has been a pretty bad day today. I went to pull-a-part and found several leather seats from blazers, jimmys, bravadas, envoys, trailblazers, etc. and every SINGLE one of them were tore up in one way or another. Am I not destined to find leather seats for my blazer? I have been to several yards with no luck. Idk what to do now about the seats. Any ideas?

And I needed to work on my gauge cluster but came across a bad stripped philips head screw and couldn't get it out. Any suggestions? I tried channel locks, torquing the screwdriver, a hammer. Do I have to get a screw extractor?

ugh...

Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

[quote=tibby;436253]It has been a pretty bad day today. I went to pull-a-part and found several leather seats from blazers, jimmys, bravadas, envoys, trailblazers, etc. and every SINGLE one of them were tore up in one way or another. Am I not destined to find leather seats for my blazer? I have been to several yards with no luck. Idk what to do now about the seats. Any ideas?

And I needed to work on my gauge cluster but came across a bad stripped philips head screw and couldn't get it out. Any suggestions? I tried channel locks, torquing the screwdriver, a hammer. Do I have to get a screw extractor?

i would try a reverse-twist dill bit-if they make them small enough. ive never used them but have heard of them before. the reverse bit as its drilling may grab into the screw and unscrew it for you as it trys to drill into the screw. hopefully its in a spot where you can access it with a drill, seems like these situations are in hard to reach spots, heck sometimes thats why the head strips....my 2c....

Old 06-02-2011, 01:45 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

got my s10 lower valance put on finally.

and tightend up the torque converter bolts. previous owner put a aftermarket trans in and didn't loctite the bolts. they backed out yesterday and caused a huge knock.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:18 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

was yesterday but, replaced my old dead battery with a brand new Optima yellow top.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Beginning Member
mzdee is on a distinguished road

I washed & waxed my Blazer & vac'ed it out so much beach sand in
& out of it ....I guess 4 days camping & drivin on da Northend will do that.
Now I want bigger Tires(as big as will fit) get my Chevy up higher off the sand, all then ruts bite the big one...

Old 06-02-2011, 04:48 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yesterday i changed my rear brakes and reseted my abs code ,

been so busy to post but i got on today

Old 06-02-2011, 09:04 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

pulled both rear tires and drums, been a couple of months since i replaced the rear axle oil seals (left side was leaking) wanted to check and see if the new seals were doing their job, the axleshafts looked kind of wore and i wasnt sure if new seals would be the total answer. well, they are indeed working, no oily brakes. did some to the drums ive done to the ranger, bolted them on backwards, started the engine and put the trans in manual 1st, took a angle grinder to that ridge that builds up and ground it away, now theres a angle where the ridge would be, drums slip right into place without needing a shot hammer. didnt grind where the shoes run, so i see no harm in this mod. i'll be able to pull the drums back off easier too. one weird thing i notcied, when i was done grinding, i shut off the engine and the drum stopped turning almost immeaditly, i figured it would have to "spin-down" to a stop like with my ranger, granted theranger is a manual and the blazer is a auto, but i figured the drums/axles would still "free-spin" after shutting down the engine, even though it was still in L1. didnt think to try shifting to neutral before shutting it off. and when i started it, it was in neutral and the drums spun right away, like it was in gear. this weekend i hope to wash/wax both vehicles.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:09 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Ordered new pads and rotors from work, hopefully going to install them this weekend.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Got the Tahoe all washed up:

Somewhat low light so they turned out a bit grainy. Not too shabby for a cell phone. I'm working on getting another front bumper so I can have it painted then just swap them out.

Tune up time on Sunday. New plugs, wires, & upstream O2 sensors should be here tomorrow.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:51 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Got the Tahoe all washed up:

Somewhat low light so they turned out a bit grainy. Not too shabby for a cell phone. I'm working on getting another front bumper so I can have it painted then just swap them out.

Tune up time on Sunday. New plugs, wires, & upstream O2 sensors should be here tomorrow.
how is ur k5 coming along

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?