General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 02:16 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Funny you should mention oil being overfilled (or at least it sounds like it was)

My brother in law is borrowing my dad's Jimmy since my dad never uses it. When he first borrowed it, my dad told him it burns about a quart of oil every 1K miles, so check it regularly and fill as needed.

A couple weeks ago, my dad and I went out to take a look at the truck (battery was bad, bro in law knows NOTHING about cars) and on the way to Sears, the truck is running really rough.

Finally get home and I think maybe the oil is low or something so I start checking around.

He had about 4 qts too much oil in the thing. He was just adding oil every 1K miles, not checking it.
great that must of sucked draining 4 qts out of her

Old 07-09-2011, 02:18 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

He knows nothing about cars, doesn't do his own oil changes... so I made him go get it done immediately.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:21 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

good thing he didnt blow any thing in the process . thank god for the bad battery

Old 07-09-2011, 06:50 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Today I decided to clean my ERG valve (I think thats what it's called) and 3 hours later my blazer is in a million pieces all because I dropped one bolt. Now I can't find it to save my life. I'm only on here because I needed to take a break or I would have started throwing my tools at my windows. Stupid piece of (insert a very long list of explicatives here). Ok sorry for the rant, I'll shut up now.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:07 PM
BF Guru

did you find it at least ? =/

Old 07-09-2011, 08:09 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Its okay. I dropped a hood bolt while putting my hood back on. And made my husband and dad stand there and hold the hood up while I looked for it. Took me like 10 minutes, and finally found sitting on top of a chassis beam.

You should invest in one of those presentation pointers with a magnet on the end.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:15 PM
kinter614 is on a distinguished road

installed 4 off-road lights on top and did a oil change (to bad i have leaking oil cooler lines ) damn things >

Old 07-10-2011, 10:45 AM
BF Guru

washed all my truck and my parents while i was at it they look shiny now =P

might change my calipers today and wait for my iac valve to come in next week !

Old 07-10-2011, 09:35 PM
98BlazerT4X4 is on a distinguished road

Finally washed it after being parked for 2 months. Then took it to the parents to change the fuel filter and saw a wire that had been rubbing on the front drive shaft and was cut in half so i fixed it. But what is it for? It pluged into the top of the transfer case and had a bolt to hold it on

and a before and after of the washing

Old 07-10-2011, 10:30 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by 98BlazerT4X4
Finally washed it after being parked for 2 months. Then took it to the parents to change the fuel filter and saw a wire that had been rubbing on the front drive shaft and was cut in half so i fixed it. But what is it for? It pluged into the top of the transfer case and had a bolt to hold it on

and a before and after of the washing

shes looking good

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?