General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 06:06 AM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

I went and repainted the lower rocker panels and door cladding today, still need to do the front bumper, here is a before and after pic..let me know what you think

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-100_8403.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-102_8606.jpg  
Old 07-17-2011, 07:20 AM
DySfUnCtIoNaL is on a distinguished road

^^ Looks great man!
I've been thinking about doing this to mine... I think you've convinced me now.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:38 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Looks good, but now you should do the front bumper too.

I got a CB radio for free from a buddy yesterday so I might install that today in the area where the useless tape player currently resides. Of course, it's going to be hotter than he** outside, so perhaps I'll wait on that. I still have to buy an antenna anyways.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:14 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Made a cheap little cover for the opening where the tape player was. (or, still is, but it's coming out)

Next I need to actually remove the tape deck and install the CB so I can figure out where I need to make the cutout in this face for the CB. Still a lot of work to go. I had this 12" x 12" piece of ABS I bought from Circuit City about a decade ago for some project that I never got around to, and I've been carting it around with me ever since. Thankfully I'm finally starting to find uses for it!

Old 07-17-2011, 02:51 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

haven't done much on my blazer recently been leveling off dirt on my property with a bobcat , that's why im not on much but yea =P

Old 07-17-2011, 03:11 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

the outside temps shot up today, so i passed on the front bumper, i will get to that later this week, if its to humid out the paint will chaulk up,
like a chocolate bar that got warm then cool again, it has that white look to it, thanks for the replys, my wife thinks i wasted a day when i could of been working on the honeydo list....

Old 07-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Starting Member
closer is on a distinguished road

I changed the balljoints and cv axle on the drivers side... Only to find out that my blazer decided it wanted a new alternator also.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Beginning Member
Flyfishen is on a distinguished road

On the Wife's Jimmy I installed the Pitman Arm, Idler Arm, Stabilizer Bushings, Upper Control Arms, Upper Ball Joints and now I'm tired. All Moog Parts so lets hope they last.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:26 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
I thought those Bazooka tubes had an amp built in?
some of them do. some of them dont the one given to me is just two wire speaker plugin.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Starting Member
maddie's dad is on a distinguished road

Checked the fluid levels in the Jimmy. Tested the A/C system, verified that it works, just that it is low on R12. Since they do not have that stuff for sale in Colorado, I'm going to use Freeze 12. Guess what? They don't sell that stuff here either. So, I have to go online and order some.

On the other hand, I got the power window on the drivers door of the 85 Chrysler to work.

Last edited by maddie's dad; 07-17-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?