General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 09:03 AM
wills-07 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby
wills, how'd you hook up your lights on your guard? I want to get some soon, but have heard different ways of hooking them up. Giovani offered one way, but I was wondering what you did to yours?
you know what my dad did it for me, i can take some pics of what we did if you would like. it doesnt look very complicated.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:55 AM
wills-07 is on a distinguished road

most likely will not help much but heres somes pics Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums - wills-07's Album: light hookup if that link doesnt work its one of my pic albums

Old 08-14-2011, 10:37 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rottidog
I'm not sure of the way Giovanni said (didn't read back that far) but I say always use a relay system.
12v through a fuse to the relay & a low power line to the switch to activate the relay in the cab. Have the high power out of the relay to the lights.
There are a few blogs about aux lighting... look em up & see what works best for you.

<edit> my Piaa 520i's came pre-wired = relay, switch, fuse & wiring harness incl. Just plug n play & GREAT fog lights that project at least 500' I'd guess in a flat beam - AWSOME!
i gave him this
Fog Light Wiring with Bosch Relay

=P

Old 08-14-2011, 02:31 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Finally gave the interior some love. Just spent the last hour giving it a mini-scrub. Holy crap what a difference! All of the letters on the stereo, cruise control, 4X4 etc are all white instead of a smoky brown, all of the adhesive is off of all windows now (cleaned it up a month ago but forgot the vent window behind the driver) and wiped out the cupholders, etc.

Now it's not disgusting to get in anymore, it's merely a bit dirty. Still need to shampoo the carpet, seats, give the rear side panels a good scrub, etc. But that will all come in a couple weeks when I (finally) drop it off at my cousin's house for a good detail.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Beginning Member
drewsblazer is on a distinguished road

got myself a steal on a brush guard, 60 bucks on craigslist. took all of 15 minutes to toss her on!

Old 08-14-2011, 04:11 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

just did my rear disk brakes got my pads from autozone for free duralast gold ceramics got 5 years out of the last set gotta love lifetime warranty time to do my front now but i got to buy this set i havent never had to do them yet the only reason i had to do the rear twice is a sticky caliper heated my pads and ruined them

Old 08-14-2011, 06:10 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Cleaned my interior. It went from spotless back to immaculate.

Still have a lot more to do. Need to take the dash speakers out to make sure I buy some with the same depth that will fit, and I need to get a tire rotation.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Painted the grill.

Yay no more chrome.

Thinking about just painting this thing my self..

I have a paint gun, electric sander, and a compressor..

lots of work tho im sure.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Steve-o will become famous soon enough

i would have just painted the chrome and left the red alone. but still looks good

Old 08-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Steve-o
i would have just painted the chrome and left the red alone. but still looks good
I was going to do that but i was impatient and climsy with my electric sander and hit some parts i wanting going to paint so i just did the whole thing hehe

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?